Is this diet good 1100 calorie plan

gpt5

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi right now im about 203lb at 6'1 and i want to cut down to 180 so i came up with a 1100 calorie plan i was consuming 1700 calories.

Breakfast-cereal 4tbsp bran flakes , with bannana. 200 cals

start jogging for 50 minutes

Lunch- Chicken salad with a peace of french bread. 300 cals

Jogg 25 minutes and start free weights

Dinner- Fish or chicken with other half of salad. 400 cals

Snack-bannana and kiwi fruit. 100 cals

advice will be appreciated thanks.

holy crap you're going to die...
Dude, I'm 230 and I eat somewhere around 4000 calories a day AND I'm losing weight (I DO train a lot, however). never go below 1200, at your size, I'd say around 1500 absolute minimum. Get on the USDA website and type in your current diet, it will give you a rating and some advice on what else to eat.
try this:
6 3 2 3 2
6 servings of grain (bread) mostly whole grains
3 servings of vegetables (make sure you have a variety of different ones)
2 servings of fruits
3 dairy
2 meats

Try this out for about a month and you should see some improvement in health. Less oily skin, somewhat reduced bodyfat (you won't get shredded off this, though), etc.

Then start lowering the grains to one serving a day (eaten in the morning, preferably oatmeal or some other form of hole grain, such as brown rice) and up your protein intake. During this time you will need to consume fruit pre and post workout for a bit of a boost in energy and to help control cortisol levels.

But, do not eat that diet. You're going to burn out completely. Your cortisol will fly off the charts, you'll soon be cheating on your diet a lot. Just try to lose about 2lb a week.

Yeah the above diet will kill you for sure :) LMAO!!! $hit man whaddya trying to do to yourself?

Holy crap. I'm 5'8" 175, and 1500 calories a day just about killed me. Good luck?

gpt5 said:
Hi right now im about 203lb at 6'1 and i want to cut down to 180 so i came up with a 1100 calorie plan i was consuming 1700 calories.

you gonna die by eating that little, eat atleast 2000 calories a day

Your not going to die from that, but you arent going to be healthy by any means, and you will not be able to train at all. Also, your weightloss will be mostly muscle, as that is the easiest source of energy for the body to take from. Your weightloss will slow to a halt very fast and your going to feel like SHIT. Pretty much going below 2000 while trainnig at your weight will make you feel shitty and give you shitty results.

You will drop weight but your body will undergo mass ketosis and will shortly in no time break down all your muscle protein.

1700 is very littel at your size....1100 is just boneheaded...

I would instead increase difficulty of your cardio workouts...try few sessions of 20-25minutes of HIIT a week....

I also assume you're lifting heavy with barbell compound freeweight exercises....check S/P forum if you dont.....this is where your long term results will come from....

I would also cut shit like french bread from your diet...i would also cut fruits from your diet....instead focus on healthy fats (Avacados, seeds, nuts, etc).....complex carbs(buckwheat, quinoa, black/brown rice, yams, oatmeal, etc)....and lean meats, fish, poultry....

gpt5 said:

This diet is a good effort but it won't actually work the way you want it to. First read the 7 habits of effective nutrition (The link is in my sig) and don't even worry about calories at first just follow those 7 rules all of the time. Also change the 25 min jog to 25 min of HIIT (Try 100yard sprints with 30-90 seconds rest in between) on 2 or 3 days a week.

damn thats low, i'm about 220 with a single digit BF and i'm eating close to that a meal.

Jesus Christ, what do they teach you kids about eating these days. I'm about 220 pounds an I eat probably 1000 calories a meal 4 times a day, plus snacks throughout the day. If you're training hard, your going to suffer severe negative side effects from that Ethiopian diet. I think these Abercrombie romo ads are starting to get to people....

You may or may not have seriously impacted your metabolism depending on how long you've been eating like a newborn.

If I were you, I would simply eat 2800-3000 clean calories a day, gauging your body changes every week or so. If fat loss was not up to par (not up to your expectations, but up to realistic losses), then I would drop 100 calories a week, coming from fats and carbs.

I would fuckin starve on that.

I have a BS in Exercise Physiology. I am NOT a Nutritionist but i will say this:

At 6'1 and 203 lbs, your body needs 3650 calories to MAINTAIN your current weight (assuming you work out 5 days a weekwith moderate to intense cardio) and guessing you're in between 21-29 years old.

By consuming these calories on an average daily basis, you should maintain your weight. However, if you are looking to lose weight, here are some tips:

Most health professionals recommend slow weight loss as the safest and most effective approach. A sensible weight-loss program allows you to lose weight gradually -- about one-half to one pound per week. Gradual weight loss promotes long-term loss of body fat, not just water weight that can be quickly regained.

To lose one pound, a person must burn 3,500 calories more than are consumed (500 calories per day over the course of a week). For example, reducing calories by 300 per day and increasing daily activity to burn off an additional 200 calories should result in a weight loss of one pound per week. This is only the diet side, your cardio obviously will aid in the weight loss as well as endurance.

Cut the banana and add berries instead (strawberrie,blueberrie,rasperries, no dingleberries though).

Make chicken,turkey,tuna and salmon your best friends. If you dont do fish,take omega oil supplements.

Go from whole milk to skim, mayo to mustard.

Have egg white omletes with mushroom and low fat shredded cheese and 2 slices of CANADIAN bacon for breakfast occasionally.

A boring diet will kill you.

You need to eat to lose!

You need more fiber. Oatmeal (not instant), beans,whole grain bread only ( 7,9,or 12 grain)-not french bread!

Also- Try a tablespoon of flavored metamucil to water 20 minutes before large meals and always take multivitamins!

Ranger said:
Cut the banana and add berries instead (strawberrie,blueberrie,rasperries, no dingleberries though).

:icon_sad:

Ranger said:
I have a BS in Exercise Physiology. I am NOT a Nutritionist but i will say this:

At 6'1 and 203 lbs, your body needs 3650 calories to MAINTAIN your current weight (assuming you work out 5 days a weekwith moderate to intense cardio) and guessing you're in between 21-29 years old.

That figure on calories can vary significantly depending on your body composition at 203lbs. Assuming one lifts weights and trains hard Ones basal metabolism would be higher than a person who did moderate cardio 5 days a week.

1100? Are you female?
Seriously, that's too low for a guy your size. And if you DO eat 1100 you're going to lose a LOT of muscle. So despite maybe getting the number on the scale you want, you won't look the way you want to look or perform the way you want to perform because much of the weight you lost will be muscle, not fat.

Back