Is this CODY GARBRANDTs last shot?

Vampire life

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He’s not even on the main card

We all know the trouble he’s had the last few years
But he is coming off of a win, so there’s that
Seems to have all the potential and physical tools to be much better than his record reflects but I think he has the fight iq of a potato
If he loses this fight against Kelleher is it PFL time?

PFL doesn't have BW's. They have old man Marlon Moraes fighting at FW.

But if Cody is losing to Kelleher his chances of being relevant anywhere will be completely gone. Kelleher isn't a bad fighter but there's guys at his level that fill up Bellator and PFL's lower level rosters too.

Cody chin is shot....he cannot compete with the top 10 guys because like Rockhold, he drops like a rock when hit. He may squeak out a few wins against lower tier competition but he is zero threat to the top guys. Cody has been KO / TKO in 4 of his last 7 fights.

Cody's last opponent lost 4 in a row and was cut after the fight. This upcoming opponent is 37 and has lost 2 in a row and 3 of his past five.

If I'm willing to fight you off the couch at this point, I'd say it's your last shot...

Sad kinda he had the best Title Fight ever when he master classes Dominic Cruz, but fighters lose their chins. He was a very nice guy in person, he talked with me for a while when I met him in 2016. Cool guy good fighter, just remember Father Time is undefeated

Cutting weight not good for the chin.

Fighting EPO juicers not good for the chin.

Bigger opponents not good for the chin.

I guess you either have one or you don't, and if you have one you can lose it.

I wonder if 4 years off with no shots changes anything?

Cody doesn't have 4 years, but he did 4 years ago.

I wonder if ink matters? There's no way that ink has zero systemic effect.

Seems to have all the potential and physical tools to be much better than his record reflects but I think he has the fight iq of a potato
If this is his last shot, he should be at peace with that because it leaves more time for him to

hanging-boys.gif

Cody is pretty bad, but Kelleher isn't anything special either. He's been subbed like 45 times, although I doubt he has to worry about that much with dumbass Cody

I wonder if ink matters? There's no way that ink has zero systemic effect.

Lowers your immune system by occupying macrophages
Poisons your lymph nodes
Increases cancer cells
A dozen other things

Basically you are a little longer ill, a little longer injured, can't regenerate as well and covid is a problem.
No problem if you got a normal life.
But if you train 6 days a week for 6 hours it can be a problem if your body/dna isn't well above average.
People don't notice it, because you don't know beforehand if you will be 8 or 14 days ill from a cold.
Or 9 instead of 8 days, if you just got a few tattoos

Honestly the dude has been living off the neck tattoos for a few years now. That's literally the reason he has been given chance after chance is because of his look, and connecting a certain demographic.

I feel sad for him, remember when Van Damme accidently kicked him in the face sparring and he started sulking like an entitled boy.

Sadly, his career has kicked him in the face 5x harder than that since then and will continue to.
I don't expect him to win, but they may be able to extend his career by carefully cherry picking opponents from now on and make him a decent gatekeeper.

After the KKF knockout, I believe his coach said that another knockout would probably be curtains for his career. If Cody gets put to sleep anytime soon, I think it'll be the last we see of him. He'll keep going until then though. However, it's a bad sign if he can't cleanly beat Kelleher. I like Brian, but he's ultimately kind of a jobber at the end of the day.

Dam there was a point in time where i wanted to see him fight Connor.
Hands down one of the worst downward spirals ive ever seen.

i remember when he was at alpha male with his wife(whose now divorced him)
and had an entire crew and support system, he took on this cancer patient kid ,
HE FIT ALL THE UFC CHECK BOXES too....

<Prem974>

He might only be 32 but he's basically in his 40s in fight years thanks to getting KO'd 4 times in his last 6 fighs.

If he loses this one he's done.

I don't think he should continue fighting win or lose

Cody “No Chin” would be better off trying boxing or bare knuckle since all he does is throw hands anyways. Likely gets KO’d in any venue, regardless.

Sad kinda he had the best Title Fight ever when he master classes Dominic Cruz, but fighters lose their chins. He was a very nice guy in person, he talked with me for a while when I met him in 2016. Cool guy good fighter, just remember Father Time is undefeated
He’s 32 so Father Time did not defeat him. Ego, poor fight IQ, and a disintegrating chin did.

Back