is there currently or has there ever been a TAM member heavier than LW?

bjdiaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Also has any of their members not been from a wrestling background? I know KZ trained there for a bit but I don't think he was an actual TAM member or was he?

I think the guy on the left is a heavyweight

Screen-Shot-2014-06-07-at-10.47.00-PM-500x501.png

They have guys on every weightclass, and a lot of non-wrestlers as well.
Fili doesn't have a wrestling background for example.

Because nothing says Alpha like having the body of a 14 year old girl

And you are going to get beaten up by one if you ever mess with one of them.

Nothing says shertard like getting beaten up by a 14 year old girl

They have guys on every weightclass, and a lot of non-wrestlers as well.
Fili doesn't have a wrestling background for example.

Fili wrestled in high school: http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Sherdog-Prospect-Watch-Andre-Fili-57839

Doesn't holdsworth fight at bantamweight? He's the one that won the co-ed season of TUF right?

Yes, I mentioned him because he has no wrestling background.

About the weight classes, there are quite a few fighters above 155. Most notably: David Mitchell, ex-UFC and current WSOF WW; Kyacey Uscola, LHW/MW from TUF; and Freddie Aquitania, Bellator HW.

They must be compensating with the name. 140lb men are not alpha. Sorry.

If they went out to a club or bar, they would get overlooked as betas because they are small men akin to 14 yr olds. Sure they can fight, but thats not what everyone sees. And wit clothes on they look like they should be playing computer games.

it's probably hard for them to attract bigger fighters.
-the core Alpha Male guys, some shorter than 5'6'' and as low as 125 pounds, would not benefit very much from getting beat on by WWs and heavies.
-any big guys would not benefit very much from sparring with such small partners.

So they continue to be a go-to gym for smaller guys because of the talent and depth of sparring partners.

They must be compensating with the name. 140lb men are not alpha. Sorry.

If they went out to a club or bar, they would get overlooked as betas because they are small men akin to 14 yr olds. Sure they can fight, but thats not what everyone sees. And wit clothes on they look like they should be playing computer games.

white belt level trolling right there

Didn't Kyacey Uscola train at TAM? Dude's in jail for a long long time if I remember correctly..

Back