Is there any Top 10 MW that would beat a top 10 HW in a openweight fight?

KOfinger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think there are 2-3 MW fighters that would beat some top 10 hw fighters. I think Mousasi beats Travis browne, AA and Ben rothwell . He is too slick for them.

Nah your high m8, Mousasi would barely hurt them and they would just pummel him.
The only one who could hang with some heavyweights is Romero because the guy hits like a truck, and its the most athletic of the division.

tumblr_mqdhz1jhcv1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Hell yeah. Yoel, Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare, prime Vitor, prime Hendo, prime Machida and prime Anderson could compete with anyone on the planet.

No, I dont think so. The size gap is too big. The biggest & best mw's (Rockhold, Jacare, Weidman etc) would be way oversized up at 205 (Jones, Gustafsson, Cormier etc), never mind facing 240-265lbs monsters. Think how small Anderson and Hendo looked vs Cormier or how small Machida and Sonnen and Belfort looked vs Jones. 20lbs is a hell of a lot at that size.

I could see the possibility of Jacare slapping a sub on or outgrappling to a Dec. Browne, Hunt, or Black Beast(depending on who is technically top 10).

Since this is Openweight they wouldn't have to cut at all and be at their peak physically.

LOL @ Mousasi beating Ben Rothwell or AA.

I don't know how competitive it would be, but I wouldn't mind seeing Rockhold vs Werdum.

well Mousasi already beat Hunt so....

apart from that I think it'd be a struggle, Rockhold, Jacare, Romero and Weidman would have a chance against some if they fought a perfect fight

I think Jacare absolutely could submit some heavies. Mousasi beat hunt in an open weight fight.

apart from that I think it'd be a struggle, Rockhold, Jacare, Romero and Weidman would have a chance against some if they fought a perfect fight

Damn it you just beat me to it.

I wanted to say first 20 seconds of the fight Vitor but then I looked down the list of top 10 HWs and those guys are all beasts. DC could beat a lot of them coming from LHW and maybe Rumble could have some success but no I don't see any MW winning against any of those top 10 guys.

I think rockhold could take mark hunt . He would get him to the ground and do a number on him

LOL @ Mousasi beating Ben Rothwell or AA.

I don't know how competitive it would be, but I wouldn't mind seeing Rockhold vs Werdum.

he would easily beat AA .... AA only looked decent in his fight with travis browne.... he will get picked apart on the feet by mousasi pretty badly.

AA should have lost to Mir and Schaub.... and those were stand up fights. Mousasi is a better stand up fighter than Mir and Schuab and AA doesn't have or ever uses his offensive wrestling.

McCorkle beat Hunt.... oh well....

lyndon955, think before talk....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back