Is there any remediation through contesting the decision?

BullyKutta

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I suspect it's not a walk in the park, but when the goddamned president of the organization is effectively calling it a robbery, there's got to be some way to AT LEAST take a second look.

Even if it's a merely symbolic gesture, there needs to be a way to double back on incompetent judging.

His team can appeal it with the athletic comission, it will hardly be given a glance, thrown out, and the verdict will stay.

Dana has almost zero pull with athletic commissions. He's disagreed with decisions before, and the best he could offer was a rematch. Machida-Shogun comes to mind.

If Reyes is truly the better fighter, he will leave no doubt in a rematch, and history will remember it.

I suspect it's not a walk in the park, but when the goddamned president of the organization is effectively calling it a robbery, there's got to be some way to AT LEAST take a second look.

Even if it's a merely symbolic gesture, there needs to be a way to double back on incompetent judging.
The president is a promoter first and foremost, his interest aren't with the fans, but with lining the company he works for pockets, as well as his own. If you think real hard about it, it's actually in the UFC's best interest to keep incompetent judges in the fight business.

Take another shot of whiskey and call it a night his the only remedy my friend

The athletic commission sent in a guy who had only judged 10 fights before tonight. Another of the judges hadn't judged a UFC fight in 8 years.

Do you seriously think they're going to admit how fucking stupid they are at this point? They literally don't care.

Wasn't a big enough robbery. Reyes would have had to have 5 10-8 rounds for any athletic commission to seriously overturn something.

Lets use all of the live scoring from Media as an example; At the end of the day you still had 30% of the media members scoring for Jones AND all of the media who did score for Reyes had it 47-48. This wasn't some across the board blowout for Reyes. I definitely had Reyes winning but the fight was too close for anything commission to ever give this fight a second look.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 2.56.47 AM.png

Never ever ever works and especially not in Texas.

Back