Is there a way to check how full a flight is gonna be?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Kind of a different experience on a full plane and an empty plane. Is there a way to check which one I am in for?

You can use expert flyer, or check the available seats for sale on the carriers' websites, but you wouldn't know for sure until a few hours before the flight as there could be a lot of last minute bookings.

Also if you hope for an empty flight it's guaranteed that it'll be a full flight with you stuck between two average size (300+ pounds) mouth breathing Walmart shoppers, while the row behind you is occupied by the Swedish bikini team

I have normally got a measure of it by checking in online 24 hours before to pick a seat. I don't know if that's still the case though.
Why do you ask?

I have normally got a measure of it by checking in online 24 hours before to pick a seat. I don't know if that's still the case though.
Why do you ask?
I'm flying tonight and want to know if I'm gonna have to clip my toenails before or can I do it midflight to kill some time.

I'm flying tonight and want to know if I'm gonna have to clip my toenails before or can I do it midflight to kill some time.
Haha, there was a Twitter thing about shaming horrible passengers including toenail clipping.
I think the worst I did was fall asleep on a woman's shoulder on a long train ride.

Well safe travels either way.

Haha, there was a Twitter thing about shaming horrible passengers including toenail clipping.
I think the worst I did was fall asleep on a woman's shoulder on a long train ride.

Well safe travels either way.
Finally something Twitter is useful for. I actually fly really well either way it would be nice to know ahead of time. Las year flying back from Philly no one was on the flight. I had the whole row (back of the plane really) to myself and it's just much nicer. I sat in the back and talked to two flight attendants and they gave me free booze. 5 hour flight was a breeze.

Finally something Twitter is useful for. I actually fly really well either way it would be nice to know ahead of time. Las year flying back from Philly no one was on the flight. I had the whole row (back of the plane really) to myself and it's just much nicer. I sat in the back and talked to two flight attendants and they gave me free booze. 5 hour flight was a breeze.
I used to fly loads on my own and quite frequently would have a row to myself. Unless inebriated I wouldn't ever sleep on planes, but put all the arm rests up and you're sorted for 7 hours away with the fairies. Not quite as good as being upgraded to first class from NY to Heathrow and having an actual bed and duvet though, after a hellish fuck up day of connecting flights they really did a good job there. Sometimes not yelling and screaming and being polite works. The yelling and screaming people didn't even get on the flight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back