Is the UFC ready for a multi-divisional champion?

The idea is pretty badass, I guess we'll get to witness the scheduling nightmare if someone managed to hold more than one belt.

I know Sherdogs ready that's for sure.

Get about 35 threads a day about Conor and how many belts he'll hold and whether or not he's GOAT.

More than 2 at once should be forbidden. That's just common sense. If he fights for the 170 belt, the 145 belt goes. He can always go back down and fight the champ for it again if he wants.

Its basically impossible, at best you have a title defense every 6 months holding 2 belts that is with training camps and all now that goes up to 9 months if somebody is holding 3 belts and this is with no injuries. If you don't understand what I am saying the 145 lb division has been on hold 3 months waiting for Conor to fight at 155 so with no injuries on the other side he has another 3 month training camp before he defends the 145 lb belt so that equals 6 months. If they agree to let him fight for the 170 lb belt that pushes the 145 lb division back at least 12 months this is laughable almost.

Do I think Conor could win all 3 belts sure its possible
Do I think they can make it all work ? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no

Last edited:
I think you should have to give up one belt and pick a weight class, you can have him hold two at once for a bit just so he can technically have had two belts at once but otherwise it just holds up the division, and then when he eventually loses he'll still have one belt coming off a loss which is kind of weird.

Conor says he can fight every 4 months from what I understood that's 1 defense a year if he held 3 that's not enough, however I don't think he would win the WW title but IF he or someone did hold three, I think its entirely possibly he hold 2 belts though, jose fought once a year the lw title hasn't been defended more than twice twice a year in a very long time so really holding two belts by an active fighter wouldn't be a problem, probably would grt defended more by some one like conor holding two rather than pettis snd aldo lol especially if he could fight every three months that's two defenses a yr per weight class and imo if you want the added glory and the extra belt you should have to stay at a min 2 defense per year per belt, I also think 3 title defense yr for every champ should be standard barring a serious injury or family issue such as death in the immediate family, serious injured child etc. After all they are humans and most have family's.

I thought this was going to be about CM Punk :D

Two belts is a bit crazy in itself, three would be ridiculous and he could never fight enough to keep the divisions active. I think if he beats RDA then I think he will vacate the featherweight belt after 1 defense or he may just vacate it immediately.

I'd actually give him a chance against Robbie.

For a couple of reasons I don't think he defends 145. The recent changes in pre fight rules and Conor's large, relatively speaking, frame make me doubt it. Also we know Zuffa prefers one title per figher, or did. It wouldn't surprise me if both Zuffa and Conor's camp know he won't be going back. No need to announce it when it adds to the drama and we all know how much that's loved around here

For a couple of reasons I don't think he defends 145. The recent changes in pre fight rules and Conor's large, relatively speaking, frame make me doubt it. Also we know Zuffa prefers one title per figher, or did. It wouldn't surprise me if both Zuffa and Conor's camp know he won't be going back. No need to announce it when it adds to the drama and we all know how much that's loved around here

Yup. It's most likely just marketing bullshit. Even if he's got no intention whatsoever of defending his 145lb belt if he wins the 155lb, there's not a lot of reason announcing it now when they can market him as holding 2 belts for 6 months or a year before he comes out and says he can't make the cut to 145lb anymore. They've got like 12 champions already, it's not like giving a belt back to Aldo is going to make them money. From a marketing perspective it's much better to let the popular guy keep two of them and leave the other guys at 145 on hold.

It will surely be awesome. I think Gregor and Jones will do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back