Is the UFC product a bit boring nowadays?

Boring? Not at all, but it's does blend with other orgs visually, and often talent wise more than it used to.

Good? Bad? I'm rarely bored watching a host of MMA across a multitude of platforms.

I oft wonder why many folks are here. Same old regurgitations...

Boring? Not at all, but it's does blend with other orgs visually, and often talent wise more than it used to.

Good? Bad? I'm rarely bored watching a host of MMA across a multitude of platforms.

I oft wonder why many folks are here. Same old regurgitations...
The lack of stars is one. Losing francis ngannou, conor not fighting, lots of old stars losing and retiring and the president more concerned about a slap league than promoting the fights.

They havent done anything about the bad judging thats been going on for over a decade that seems to be a constant issue after every event.

just look at all the things people here have said in the 10 pages. Everything from watered down cards to shitty presentation itself.

The lack of stars is one. Losing francis ngannou, conor not fighting, lots of old stars losing and retiring and the president more concerned about a slap league than promoting the fights.

They havent done anything about the bad judging thats been going on for over a decade that seems to be a constant issue after every event.

just look at all the things people here have said in the 10 pages. Everything from watered down cards to shitty presentation itself.

1st is somewhat valid - But Stars come and go. With the saturation of MMA and the UFC diluting it's death grip (and thus talent base) on MMA, it's been visible. Like I said Good? Bad? Prolly a little bit of both... Dana - Well he has the golden goose aura which honestly I'm shocked he was able to mantle. He was in the right place at the right time apparently and now is somehow indispensable. Again not that I care as MMA will always rise to the top for me regardless of Promoter.

Judging is shit and it's no different than it's been in the UFC or Boxing, prolly plenty of other areas where they draw from the same pool.

I don't bother reading most threads - Nothing I haven't heard before. Dull regurgitations. Not saying there aren't valid points but imo. Sherdog is a dying niche of the web as well and a bit boring to see the same posts recycled daily.

1st is somewhat valid - But Stars come and go. With the saturation of MMA and the UFC diluting it's death grip (and thus talent base) on MMA, it's been visible. Like I said Good? Bad? Prolly a little bit of both... Dana - Well he has the golden goose aura which honestly I'm shocked he was able to mantle. He was in the right place at the right time apparently and now is somehow indispensable. Again not that I care as MMA will always rise to the top for me regardless of Promoter.

Judging is shit and it's no different than it's been in the UFC or Boxing, prolly plenty of other areas where they draw from the same pool.

I don't bother reading most threads - Nothing I haven't heard before. Dull regurgitations. Not saying there aren't valid points but imo. Sherdog is a dying niche of the web as well and a bit boring to see the same posts recycled daily.
So u generally agree, but u’ve given up trying to convince anyone. Thats fine.

also regarding sherdog being a dying niche, whats the biggest mma forum out there, dare i be a traitor and make an account somewhere else, unless sherdog is the biggest mma forum that is.

Anyone think the UFC is just the same shiet over and over? Seems like they just keep pumping out the same formula.

I know what u shills will say, “it works, they make money”. That has nothing to do with my point. Toyota makes tons of money selling corollas, but car enthusiasts dont find their cars exciting.

Im talking as a fan, we just got done with a big event with the 2 best p4p fighters fighting. It just seems like the same old product over and over.

are there any new things u guys would like to see added to make events more entertaining? What changes would u make? Ive stated these before, but here are mines.

scale right outside the cage before they step in, a digital readout to see a fighters in cage weight.

let fights go on just a little longer, an extra 2-3 seconds to give the fighter a chance to recover. I hate quick knockdowns and then the refs jump in with the other fighter aware and protesting the stoppage.

Muay thai in a cage with mma gloves is the shit. OneFC does it and it is fun, most fans love stand and bang fights anyway, and muay thai with mma gloves in a cage is almost always fireworks.

what would u guys like to see added.

UFC shills and contrarians dont @ me with “omg they are doing fine” or “open your own fight org then”
"Toyota makes tons of money selling corollas."
UFC= Ultimate Fighting Corollas

The NFL added a ton of new stuff. Making extra points further and not just a gimme. They added the 2 pt conversion in the late 90s. They change the overtime format so that the first team who gets the ball doesnt just need a fg to win. They gave challenges to coaches for bad calls.

the nba added coaches challenges, no flopping rule, they changed the playoff format with play ins. They change their all star game to a playground captain picks format.

The ufc does the same shit. Oh wait. BMF belt….
NFL maybe but do we want to argue that NBA, NHL and MLB are better than they were twenty/thirty years ago?

also regarding sherdog being a dying niche, whats the biggest mma forum out there, dare i be a traitor and make an account somewhere else, unless sherdog is the biggest mma forum that is.

Forums in general are dying, kids use Reddit and Twitter.

NFL maybe but do we want to argue that NBA, NHL and MLB are better than they were twenty/thirty years ago?
Thats debatable, the point is, they actually did try new things, listen to fans as implement new things. When fans clamor for certain things, those leagues listen and its openly discussed. When change is asked about the ufc, dana and his shills just cry hater.

Forums in general are dying, kids use Reddit and Twitter.
Yeh but reddit has always been a thing, and its sort of a forum.

twitter, is too messy. Its only popular because celebrities use it. But its a terrible place for discussions.

Not sure I "generally" agree but there are valid concerns. I feel it's pointless convincing anyone of anything (folks just wanna rant). Few if any will grab a flag and go do something about it. So even if I had any activist blood, I know better...just waste of time here.

No idea - prolly the shithole of Reddit? I just know that forums like this are very niche and the number of users is likely insignificant to when such medium was a big thing. I am here cause I like the PBPs and Shoops. Plus there are a few very knowledgeable folks here whose breakdowns and fight(er) knowledge is impressive. Those I do bother reading unless the thread dissolves in to typicalities.

I prefer forums, but young people don't use them as a general rule.
Yeh but are young people really the ones paying for the sport. I have tons of nephews and all their friends and none of them give a shit about mma.

I watched it when they were around, and they watched when it was striking, but when they started grappling and going to the ground, they all lost interest.

maybe, mma itself is still niche to young people.

It's stale as fuck from a production value, but if you're a fan of fighting it really doesn't matter.
As a fan of fighting, ive been more interested in onefc lately tbh. Just hate that im actuallt saying that now. I loved ufc since the beginning.

Cards take too long.

The walkouts are boring and take too long. Bruce Buffers intros take too long. 90% of WMMA is a waste of time and adds an hour onto runtime due to lack of finishing ability.

This last PPV was tolerable because there were so many finishes, so it didn’t take forever.

Thats debatable, the point is, they actually did try new things, listen to fans as implement new things. When fans clamor for certain things, those leagues listen and its openly discussed. When change is asked about the ufc, dana and his shills just cry hater.
They've changed rules, judging criteria, ect. MMA is also still a new sport compared to the other major sports.

Cards take too long.

The walkouts are boring and take too long. Bruce Buffers intros take too long. 90% of WMMA is a waste of time and adds an hour onto runtime due to lack of finishing ability.

This last PPV was tolerable because there were so many finishes, so it didn’t take forever.
Thats another thing. Cards take like 6 hours. Mostly just talking

They've changed rules, judging criteria, ect. MMA is also still a new sport compared to the other major sports.
They havent changed anything since the original unified rules. And judging and scoring criteria are the same, still bad

Back