• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the Poatan shamanic spirit rituals the most bizarre prefight talking point ever?

What about Izzy jerking off his dog?

I mean I'll just say it:

You guys know in the Senegalese wrestling where they pour stuff on each other with spiritual practitioners to stop black magic before they wrestle?

Yeah if Jiri and Poatan start doing that this week and before the fight I'll honestly be 2000% hyped. Bring on the ancient hex magic!
A Catholic or Orthodox priest blessing that fighter and protecting from evil would 100% work on all that b*******.

I don’t see it any different from Bryce praying to who he prays to, Islam praying to who he prays to, Jon Jones praying to who he prays to, and so forth…Seems like a decent number of fighters have spiritual beliefs. Not sure why Jiri is so concerned that Alex has a set of spiritual beliefs. The only reason I would think it bothers Jiri is if Jiri believes Alex’s beliefs are grounded in reality… then yeah, Jiri should be concerned.
he's right to be afraid...

nightwolf-axe.gif

So you're saying ancestral spirits don't exist.

magic involving nature and animals is inherently evil as well

Interdasting 🤔

Those darn evil devil worshipping natives with their love of nature
There is no magic involving nature and animals. The Earth is just inanimate matter and animals are just living creatures without wills and intellects.

Jiri not only brought it up and told Alex dont bring them... He DOUBLED down on it

If this was ANYONE but Jiri and like Tony Ferguson saying something like this people would 100% think they're trolling but he is DEAD serious <lmao><lmao><lmao><lmao>

Then Jiri isn't allowed to power his punches up and use his chi.

He does it atleast 6x in this fight. It's so good I am putting the whole fight up.

Jiri also does some kind of mystical/spiritual pre-fight ritual such as in this video:

Not sure where he draws the line.

Well Cannonier talked about using power crystals and shit, Izzy also talked about voodoo and using Nigerian juju etc LOL.

MMA fighters can be fucking weirdos.
Cannonier clearly got his crystals from Facebook marketplace and Izzy inhaled the power of Jenkem during his reign

Pretty sure it’s just his Amazonian ancestor thing where he marches/hobbles and then shoots an arrow at you.

I’d really like to see Jiri do some Star Wars shit where he just puts up a force field to block the arrow.

Jamahal Hill tried to catch it and break it, but he has no culture or spiritual power, so it obviously didn’t work

There is no magic involving nature and animals. The Earth is just inanimate matter and animals are just living creatures without wills and intellects.
Animals certainly have wills and intellects. Octopi have shown the ability to plan and use tools. Chimpanzees have been seen seeking out medicinal plants to help with ailments.

If only every spiritual culture on planet earth since the dawn of time had your vast wisdom.

You're obviously infinitely more educated on the topic.

i dont believe in all this bs
first hiding in a dark room with nothing to eat
second this shaman thing

hes a full grown man and a pro fighter

gotta be some illness
maybe cte?
i refuse to believe all this nonsense

Jiri should try learning and having pride in his own culture before he shits on a guy like Alex for being proud of his and disrespects it by calling it black magic

Back