Is the Overeem vs Arlovski rumor made up? Jeremy Botter? Why do we even Botter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel82

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
All these threads. But seriously guys, nothing from the official channels. Also, in what sense does this fight make sense? Arlovski coming off a big loss! They both fight from the same gym. This fight makes less sense than JDS versus Rothwell!

I would prefer Overeem versus Cain, Overeem versus Miocic or Overeem versus Travis Browne 2. Now I think about, even Overeem versus Mark Hunt 2 makes more sense.

Considering him & JDS both lost to top contenders it makes about the same sense even if the amount is none.

It's very weird though I must admit, Botter is a reliable source.

I think they're just giving Overeem somebody he can put on a show against in the Rotterdam debut while at the same time keeping him close to the title.

I feel like your entire post was predicated on trying to make people laugh at your pun. We are speculating because it is rumored.

Econereem vs Arlovski has to happen sooner or later. Two of the biggest names in the HW division and both have been around for so long. Honestly I'm shocked they have never fought especially when they were both not in the UFC and at the time were not at the same camp.

Arlovski, himself, put it on his Instagram with a back-drop of the Rotterdam card promo. It's legit.

Yea why believe Botter he's only right 99% of the time and breaks more fight announcements than anyone but Helwani

Saw it in mmafusion app this morning. I'm guessing both sides agreed they just need to finalize the details.

Econereem vs Arlovski has to happen sooner or later. Two of the biggest names in the HW division and both have been around for so long. Honestly I'm shocked they have never fought especially when they were both not in the UFC and at the time were not at the same camp.
Reem has said all along this fight would happen. I anticipate them handling this situation like the pros they are. It's not like they came up together so no big deal to me.

Hmmm, don't see the need for it right now. But good fight none the less.

Shitty fight, UFC = worst matchmaking in combat sports.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the grand scheme of the HW picture, but a good fight on paper. Plus, it's on the UFC Rotterdam card, so I'll get to see AO and AA fight in person. WIn-Win

it's amazing these fights never hapenned yet

reem vs andrei
reem vs barnett
hunt vs barnett 2
reem vs hunt 2
hunt vs mir (finally booked)
big nog vs lesnar (years ago)
and more......

It is a good fight.

Arlovski just lost to Stipe but he is still a top guy. Overeem needs to improve a little his streak to erase all those KO loses and get his TS.

Should be a fun fight.. not sure why fans bitch about it. Lately you guys complain about everything. Just watch the fucking fights and STFU.

This fight does make less sense than the Rothwell-JDS one. Why didn't they make Miocic-Rothwell in fucking Zagreb of all places, the capital of the country his father is from, he even wears the flag on his shorts? Overeem-Miocic on the Rotterdam card? The place would be packed with Croats; there's a huge Croatian diaspora in northern Europe that would've made the trip. But the UFC is fixing things up so they can give Stipe a title shot, simply because he is marketable; younger than most heavyweights, hasn't been popped for PED's, fire man, the perfect son in law image, plus he is marketable on three continents; the US, Europe because of his Croatian roots, and Australia because of the huge Croatian diaspora over there. Those are the reasons they've been pushing this guy from day one. Giving him a TS is better for his stake than getting KTFO in his home country by a cult hero like Rothwell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back