• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the Nurmagomedov's family the new Gracie's Family nowadays?

The_Demon_In_Me

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Can we compare the legacy of Helio Gracie the creator of BJJ/Vale Tudo in Brazil, with Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov former Judo /Sambo coach in the URSS?

upload_2022-12-18_16-49-53.png

Can we compare what Khabib did (being the first of the family to become a champion) with Royce Gracie (being the best Gracie fighter of the family and won the firsts UFC championships)?

upload_2022-12-18_16-50-12.png

Can we say or compare nowadays, the Nurmagomedov family is the new Gracie family in the mma world?

34381580-0-image-a-18_1602677482339.jpg

1244162614.0.jpg

graciefamily.jpg

Not really. Gracies pushed their brand of BJJ on to America and martial arts community worldwide. I don't think Khabib achieved that type of influence. Maybe in Russia they inspired more kids to get into MMA but it's not like they started Eagles MMA everywhere there.

Can we compare the legacy of Helio Gracie the creator of BJJ/Vale Tudo in Brazil, with Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov former Judo /Sambo coach in the URSS?

View attachment 958691

Can we compare what Khabib did (being the first of the family to become a champion) with Royce Gracie (being the best Gracie fighter of the family and won the firsts UFC championships)?

View attachment 958692

Can we say or compare nowadays, the Nurmagomedov family is the new Gracie family in the mma world?

1244162614.0.jpg

graciefamily.jpg
Freestyle Wrestling, judo and sambo. Not a single style.

I was thinking Khabib was closer to Rickson with their perfect records, both leaving the sport earlier than they should have, and deaths (Rickson's son and Khabib's father) influencing that early retirement.
Hickson has 370 more wins than khablob and hickson could be the champ today. Khablob ate and gorged his way into retirement and rumour has it he drinks a gallon of root beer an hour. Khablob needs to go on a salad diet.

View attachment 958691

View attachment 958692

1244162614.0.jpg

graciefamily.jpg
Royce was never the best Gracie family fighter, and that changes much of your premise.

But the comparison is slightly interesting anyhow.

I was thinking Khabib was closer to Rickson with their perfect records, both leaving the sport earlier than they should have, and deaths (Rickson's son and Khabib's father) influencing that early retirement.
Yeah the equivalent wouldve been throwing abubakr in there first or something lmao but he would never become champ.

Good point

Back