Rumored Is the myth of prime Fedor dying?

Fedor was 7 pounds lighter than Cain. Both were excellent fighters that were light and fast . Once the speed goes and you are giving up 60 pounds you are done. Both would have taken the much larger Brock in their primes but with out the speed they once had the 70 pound advantage may kill either of them.

You gotta understand, in the real world of combat sports, by the time you’re 33, your prime is OVER. Just look at all the great from Tyson to Ali. Yes there are outliers, like George foreman and randy couture. But usually, by early 30’s you’re done because you’ve most likely been doing it since you were 18. So at 33, that’s 15 years of combat. That’s insane. Randy didn’t start until he was like 34 and had a style that didn’t rely on speed and reflexes like a fedor. Fedor was a striker who can grapple. Once he slowed down, all his advantages went out the window.
And in Emelianenko's case, he had a concurrent Combat Sambo career (which is basically MMA), which only adds to the feat of remaining undefeated as long as he did.

Just for the record he's 1 year older than Werdum and 6 years younger than Hendo. Also Hendo had been fighting for 3 years longer (same amount of fights). He went 1-3 in Strikeforce and is 5-6 in fights in the USA (including pride 32). Make of that what you will but he's the only person in the GOAT discussion that never held a belt in the UFC.

No it will only get stronger.
It's the same way Muhammad Ali and Sonny Liston would beat anybody that's ever on planet earth.
"Hardcores" always say past era fighters are GOATs regardless
Yep, my grandpappy would still tell you Jesse Owens was the fastest man of all time. Even though Usain Bolt has faster times by a full second.

I believe it is.

I am a HUGE Fedor fan but at the end of the day

He was a 5"11 (181cm) chubby muscular small HW. In reality he was the size of a MW which explains how he got BRUTALLY KO by a MW. A real HW with the frame and size of a HW would not be Flash KO by a medium sized MIDDLEWEIGHT!

Discuss

The thing is a GOAT would not be KO by a MW and also destroyed by Big Foot and Ryan Bader

Anyone can get KO'd, especially by a shot they don't see coming. The Hendo fight was a rather weird situation (great win for Hendo, nonetheless).

Your thread title reads "Is the myth of prime Fedor dying?" but then your post is an argument against GOAT status...those seem to be two different topics. Regardless, it seems odd to bring up the Bader loss since that neither occurred during Fedor's prime nor would a loss late in someone's career necessarily preclude GOAT status.

Just for the record he's 1 year older than Werdum and 6 years younger than Hendo. Also Hendo had been fighting for 3 years longer (same amount of fights). He went 1-3 in Strikeforce and is 6-5 in the USA including pride 32. He's the only person in the GOAT discussion that never held a belt in the UFC, he couldn't even get one in Strikeforce or even a title shot for that matter.

Prime Fedor was like Ngannou but with a great ground game.

Do ufc fans intentionally make leaps in logic and say things that show they are not able to use any critical thinking or does it come naturally?

“He was a 5"11 (181cm) chubby muscular small HW.”

So Stefan Struve is the all time GOAT? It’s not a height competition though I’m sure you already know this.

“In reality he was the size of a MW which explains how he got BRUTALLY KO by a MW. A real HW with the frame and size of a HW would not be Flash KO by a medium sized MIDDLEWEIGHT!”

No that’s not how it works. That’s the type of stuff insecure ppl who don’t train say about mma. All humans of all sizes have chins, faces, brains (except maybe op), and can’t always react in time. Your chin is not perfectly proportional to your size which is common sense. A dude who’s a jacked 200 does not have a 33% stronger chin than a guy who’s jacked at 150. Chins and faces are smaller so don’t gain in toughness at the same rate as size if at all. A “real” he would still get kod by a mw if he hit him hard enough in this case a flash ko. Him increasing his bench 50lbs won’t help his chin.

So now my turn: what made you make this post not hating genuinely curious. Like what makes someone go hey you know what I’m intentionally gonna misrepresent things and say emotionally charged things that are not true like “real hw cannot get kod by a mw”? Like how are people wired like that? I no understand this.

fedor is the GOAT, made enough money, is viewed as a combat god in japan

he doesn't need validation from sherdog ufc shills

He's considered a combat God in Japan, but it was Fajita who had the greatest combat moment in Japan, against Fedor, in his prime, hooked him hard and gave Fedor the stanky leg, fuck the crowd went apeshit, it was an unbelievable moment,....
Fedor was always hittable, but he recovered so fast in his prime, then would come back, take the win,,...as someone here said, once he lost his speed, and his chin, well, those heavyweights become a lot more dangerous.

I know this is kind of casual of me ( i didnt watch during the pride days im too young) literally just lookup a Fedor comp on youtube and watch his highlights . Fedor had insane speed mixed with striking combinations and takedowns that makes the vast majority of todays UFC heavy weights look like unathletic slow motion brawlers . He was fucking ridiculous in his prime whether or not you think hes the GOAT. Fedor bless

Reactions: TR1
Fedor at the top of his game and height of his powers was unbeatable. His fight IQ, reflexes, grappling and striking were legendary.

LateMilkyEnglishsetter-max-1mb.gif

fedor_HK.gif

FormalHeartyCranefly-size_restricted.gif

You are an idiot.

10 years undefeated, huge streak of top 10 HWs, 7 years number 1 HW.

Myth lmao?

Apparently GOATs get knocked out by Matt Serra, and tapped by Japanese cans.

never held a belt in the UFC
If the Pride titles held less value than the UFC titles then the UFC would've never unified them.

ee1c4e9040db.jpg

Anderson-Silva-vs-Dan-Henderson-UFC-82-042.jpg

Pride had the best Heavyweight/Light Heavyweight division when it existed, so as far as I'm concerned their titles are far more valuable.

It's like the Sherdoggers who knock on Faber for never winning a UFC title, even though the UFC's Featherweight title is the exact same lineage as the WEC Featherweight title (which Faber has won).

Heavyweight has always been trash. Fedorites love to list his top 10 wins as an attempt to prove that most of his opponents weren't cans, not realizing that Brett Rogers was a can. The fact that there were cans in the top 10 shows that heavyweight was extremely shallow in Fedor's time, just as it has always been.

Fedor could have simply cut water weight and fought against light heavyweights, but he chose not to. He even could have reduced his body fat from 22-25% to 12-15% and fought at middleweight, but he chose not to. Instead, he chose to stay in a shallow division, which meant fighting a lot of cans.

Back