Is the monkey defense effective?

$

$HandsOfFIRE$

I mean im talking about the monkey defense is it really effective? To use it forever or is it better to forget about it? Im confused i see it as a good way of defense but is it really effective in real matches?

If by monkey defense you mean raising your guard and rolling to absorb the power of your opponent's punches, yes I use it in sparring.

its like the crane technique if done right no can defend

If by monkey defense you mean raising your guard and rolling to absorb the power of your opponent's punches, yes I use it in sparring.

Yeah like rampage uses it all the time. I mean can you please give me a site or can you tell me how to do it so i can pracitice it? Can i use it for southpaw?

uh..it ain't that hard to do. Its like one of the most basic forms of boxing defense.

I just want to do things right. Can i get like a picture with arrows or something?:redface:

Do you formally train? Because its something a trainer should be able to teach you easily.

I don't really know what the "monkey defense" is, but what I use looks like what Rampage uses so I think that what it is. All it is you put your arm up and cover your face to defend the punch and roll into the direction of the punch. So if the guy throws a left hook at me, I raise my right arm up and turn my shoulder to my left. That's it. I use it a lot because it puts me in position to throw a counter hook.

Do you formally train? Because its something a trainer should be able to teach you easily.

I don't really know what the "monkey defense" is, but what I use looks like what Rampage uses so I think that what it is. All it is you put your arm up and cover your face to defend the punch and roll into the direction of the punch. So if the guy throws a left hook at me, I raise my right arm up and turn my shoulder to my left. That's it. I use it a lot because it puts me in position to throw a counter hook.

Really yeah thats what i want to do counter punch. I just train boxing my trainer doesnt know nothing about muay thai. He is just a plain boxer. But is it a good covering method that i can perfect to defend myslef in fights?

Really yeah thats what i want to do counter punch. I just train boxing my trainer doesnt know nothing about muay thai. He is just a plain boxer. But is it a good covering method that i can perfect to defend myslef in fights?

I don't train muay thai either. I got this from training boxing. My trainer does prefer me to move my head and make the guy miss and countering. As for street fights, I don't really know since I don't get into fights, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I don't train muay thai either. I got this from training boxing. My trainer does prefer me to move my head and make the guy miss and countering. As for street fights, I don't really know since I don't get into fights, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Yeah my trainer tells me to move my head. Is it fine if i use it all the time instead of ducking or moving my head?

I mean im talking about the monkey defense is it really effective? To use it forever or is it better to forget about it? Im confused i see it as a good way of defense but is it really effective in real matches?

Not against someone who's any good. It will get you punched in the body.

from a distance i slip, but when the the distance is closed abit i usually do it unless im tired, especially when not using boxing gloves which help cover your better

i find it better vision to see your where opponent's head is at and watch for the next punch coming, make sure your rotate your body slightly when your raise your elbow up so your punch is already setup with the opposite hand

Yeah my trainer tells me to move my head. Is it fine if i use it all the time instead of ducking or moving my head?

It's good for boxing when the opponent is wearing big boxing gloves. Less effective with bare knuckle fighting with no boxing glove. The boxing glove act like a hug pad. I suggest you try it. Go into the backyard and box with no gloves. You'll find it doesn't work as well as many modern boxing techniques when the gloves are off!

p.s.

Rampage has huge hands

i remember seeing a thread a while back that had a couple cool gifs of Rampage using the monkey defense against Wand. i think it was posted in the HW forums though. if i find the thread i'll link it up

i remember seeing a thread a while back that had a couple cool gifs of Rampage using the monkey defense against Wand. i think it was posted in the HW forums though. if i find the thread i'll link it up

I found the link for you

black-spider-monkey.jpg

It's good for boxing when the opponent is wearing big boxing gloves. Less effective with bare knuckle fighting with no boxing glove. The boxing glove act like a hug pad. I suggest you try it. Go into the backyard and box with no gloves. You'll find it doesn't work as well as many modern boxing techniques when the gloves are off!

p.s.

Rampage has huge hands

You got it backwards. If you look at Rampage, he raises his arms real high so his whole arm covers his face. He does this to minimize openings so a punch can't slip through. Most boxers don't defend punches by raising their arms that high because it leaves you open to body shots. Unless you're Winky Wright.

Like everything else, you have to find the right time and situation for it. You have to know how to use different techniques for different situations.

Back