Is The Chevy Small Block the Best Engine Ever Made

dims

Yep even above civic B series 1.6L-2.0L.

Versatility of the Chevy 350 is what makes it great.

I can't think of another motor that has been used for 50 yrs and has more customizable features too it.

F135961384.gif

You can get a crate motor and throw it in just about any car ever made.
everytime they show a 80's fox body Mustang with a Chevy 350 in it I get sick to my stomach. It's one thing dropping a small block chevy into a T-bucket but being cheap c***suckers not using a 351 or 302 in a Mustang is sacrilege.

which break down all the time, not practical, high repair cost, very difficult to work on. So no... fail

oh and theyre heavier....drink more fuel as well......

No get this thing out of here bro

Oh and the price to modfiy this engine is stupid expansive....again another fail on this engine. And ferrari has been getting its shit pushed in by the corvettes in endurance racing.....

As far as reliability goes I'd guess that the V8's in Tundra's tend to be pretty good.

Lots of million mile Toyotas out there.

which break down all the time, not practical, high repair cost, very difficult to work on. So no... fail

Oh and the price to modfiy this engine is stupid expansive....again another fail on this engine. And ferrari has been getting its shit pushed in by the corvettes in endurance racing.....
like I said cheap c***suckers chevy parts are cheaper and easier to work on.

lmao no....

Theyre engines are expensive, and heavier then most ls's

if stang engines were so good, they'd be put into everything, an a common site in v8 swapped cars.
Hitting 9's on stock internals.. that's epic . keep it in the stang. Coyote is the best sounding also,

You sound exponentially poor

The inline 6 is a naturally balanced motor and is widely considered to be the optimal motor design.

It's greatest draw back is that it requires a massive engine bay which is why many manufacturers went with V motors.

Most big rig engines are inline 6s and regularly run for millions of miles.

Edit: I do understand that this thread was about a specific motor and not the V8 in general. So yes the 350 small block is a great motor that has a proven track record.

Last edited:
That’s what happens when somebody leaves the inner starter bolt loose or forgets it completely. The inner bolt is kind of tucked in there and if it’s not tight, the outer bolt is bearing all the torsional force created by the starter torquing the engine over. It’s not much of a problem for the iron truck blocks but with an alum block that little corner will break off just like you’ve described.
In 20 years of building hundreds of those engines I’ve seen that happen twice.

Not as common as people griping about the skip shift feature, sure, but it seemed to be more common as the engines got older.

Some guy made this starter bridge...and i cant upload the image from my phone. God damn, i can never figure that shit out.

Anyway, he made this starter bridge thing and its simply a bar or iron. Costs maybe <$400 and i remember finding this within a forum. Everyone ripped this guy because of his pricing, meanwhile inwas thinking, this could save my block. I even called the guy and i said i wasnt gonna install it, a shop would. He said they could call him with any questions. Hes the only one i think made them at that time.

Shop did put it in and they said this should permanently solve the issue, "but my god was it a bitch to get it in there."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back