Is that ben rothwell's choke "gogo choke" really a "secret" technique?

Giovanefugazza

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I know it is hard to see that technique being used, but i feel like i have seen that choke before, even learned at a class a few years ago.

Then i saw the whole mma world getting shocked by that submission, luke thomas calling it a secret technique that only ben rothwell's coach knows, because he invented it...

But it is really similar to one i saw a Rodrigo Cavaca's brown belt teach me in a class, it was more like a single leg counter, where you get a hold of the opponent's neck, but instead of fully closing it for a guillotine, you lock the neck in a way that both of your thumbs bones touch the opponent's adam's apple, and then you apply the pressure with your chest in the back of the opponent's neck.

It was by far one of the most painfull submissions that i ever felted.

anyway, is that the secret technique that everyone was talking about?

Hope you guys can understand my english.

It's called a ten finger guillotine and the move or similar moves have been used in catch wrestling for over 100 years.

In no gi grappling no one "invents" anything. People have been grappling since the beginning of time and there is only so much you can do with two arms, two legs, and a neck.

Back