Is thare anyone else who retired an undefeated champ like Khabib?

philip miller 16-0 retired
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_undefeated_mixed_martial_artists

i guess philip is the 2nd GOAT to some sherdoggers as being undefeated is the only measure of greatness.........

rickson grazie 11-0 3rd GOAT

rafael lovato jr. 10-0 4th goat

robert drysdale 7-0 5th goat
You make a really good point. Also, I had to look up Phillip Miller, but he has a legit record. 76% finish rate, 2-0 in the UFC, and he fought in a bunch of really tough regional orgs. He even owns a win over an all-time great in Jake Shields!

There could have been a bunch if they had also retired way too early. When Khabib retired he wasn't even close to cleaning out the division and he is still young. Just imagine if Rashad Evans or Lyoto Machida had retired after winning the title. They would be among the "GOAT's". What if Diego Sanchez had retired before fighting Koscheck? He would be a legend by Sherdoggers.

IMG_2257.jpg

You make a really good point. Also, I had to look up Phillip Miller, but he has a legit record. 76% finish rate, 2-0 in the UFC, and he fought in a bunch of really tough regional orgs. He even owns a win over an all-time great in Jake Shields!
On top of that, he was only 24 years old when he stopped fighting in 2003..

Julio Cesar Chavez Sr should get more credit from fans. He went 87-0 before his first draw, and he had 90 fights before his first loss. Plus, unlike Floyd, he KOed people.
Chavez is a legend but even in his prime he would fight guys with negative records.

Back