• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Shogun the last person from pride on the UFC roster

Lol at TheCan having a meltdown over Pride being mentioned. Never gets old.

<36>

He is upset Anderson got cut in PRIDE.....come to think of it, he got cut by the UFC too, Shogun lasted longer than him. <45>

And Hendo was gonna be another victim before injury pulled him out of the fight.

Shertards never forgave Jones for what he did to their sweethearts. If you look back, Jon added a little extra humiliation and brutality in those fights compared to the rest of his title reign.
Hard to take a guy with no contests to USADA and a definitive loss to a deaf guy from the bottom seriously. All Jones had on hendo was physical attributes and a better pharmacist

He was in KOTC
That was fun cos he fought marvin eastman on there,when no one knew who Rampage was yet. Ken Shamrock was doing commentary and you could tell he was impressed by Rampage's heart,even if he wound up losing the fight.

That was fun cos he fought marvin eastman on there,when no one knew who Rampage was yet. Ken Shamrock was doing commentary and you could tell he was impressed by Rampage's heart,even if he wound up losing the fight.
Marvin hit Rampage with a beautiful standing jump elbow in that fight.

Reactions: HHJ
The UFC has 3 acknowledged fixed fights in it's history with evidence:
  • Oleg Taktarov vs. Anthony Macias - (Big John McCarthy's book "Let's Bring It On")
  • Don Frye vs. Mark Hall 3 - (Frye said it himself in an interview)
  • Leo Kuntz vs. Tae Hyun Bang - (Tae Hyun Bang went to fucking jail because of it lol)
In comparison PRIDE has one proven fixed fight in it's history, Nobuhiko Takada vs Mark Coleman. That fight took place in 1999, the era where every organization had fixed fights... including the UFC

Meanwhile the UFC has a proven fixed fight in 2015.

There are also multiple other UFC fights that are suspicious but without evidence. Frank Shamrock vs Rich Franklin, as just one example. Frank took part in a few works in Pancase so it's not exactly a huge leap considering he literally faked being punched and then dropped to the ground before ever being touched.

I will give you Kuntz vs Bang(no pun) as I forgot about it. However, appropriate measures were taken and that's why it was an anomaly, and the org didn't organize it. The others you mentioned were a very long time ago, I was actually talking about the modern era of UFC scrutiny.

Now, you're still wrong. Rampage Jackson is one of the only ones who broke kayfabe about Pride FC when he talked about the Sakuraba fight and how he was approached backstage before the fight.

That to me told me all I needed to know about this phony org and their biggest star. All those years feeling those suspicions watching his weird pro wrestling-like fights finally confirmed it to me. This was a good source too, Jackson has always been one of the biggest Pride advocates(not for gay rights, just the MMA org) so it didn't come from some hater. This is only the tip of the iceberg, so many of those Japanese fighters looked suspicious.

You gotta wonder if a man like Sakuraba is gonna spill everything one day or take it to his grave. I think the latter since he's old school. Regardless, how can you really speak highly of a past org when its foundation wasn't even right? Pride FC was a hybrid of MMA and pro wrestling, I can't take it seriously.

We need pride rules in ufc.PRIDEEEEEEE! PRIDDDDEEEEEEE RULESSSSS

Some random Japanese man who's record is like 56-34 is going to be the last active Pride fighter.

I gotta look into it and see who is actually will be. Could be an interesting fact to know.

I will give you Kuntz vs Bang(no pun) as I forgot about it. However, appropriate measures were taken and that's why it was an anomaly, and the org didn't organize it. The others you mentioned were a very long time ago, I was actually talking about the modern era of UFC scrutiny.

Now, you're still wrong. Rampage Jackson is one of the only ones who broke kayfabe about Pride FC when he talked about the Sakuraba fight and how he was approached backstage before the fight.

That to me told me all I needed to know about this phony org and their biggest star. All those years feeling those suspicions watching his weird pro wrestling-like fights finally confirmed it to me. This was a good source too, Jackson has always been one of the biggest Pride advocates(not for gay rights, just the MMA org) so it didn't come from some hater. This is only the tip of the iceberg, so many of those Japanese fighters looked suspicious.

You gotta wonder if a man like Sakuraba is gonna spill everything one day or take it to his grave. I think the latter since he's old school. Regardless, how can you really speak highly of a past org when its foundation wasn't even right? Pride FC was a hybrid of MMA and pro wrestling, I can't take it seriously.

The best part of this is that either:

A.) Chuck Liddell and Dana White went to Pride and participated in a fixed fight in 2003 in the tournament

OR

B.) Chuck & Dana showed up and Chuck got his ass handed to him by a fighter who mainly participates in fixed fights, which means is not a legit fighter yet still smashed Chuck.

Which hot take do you prefer?

Rampage said he was approached and incentivized to not tap to Sakuraba... then in the actual fight he did in fact tap to Sakuraba. He went out of his way to make sure people didn't think he took part in a fixed fight because he doesn't want that stigma on him. In fact Rampage said he lost to Saku because PRIDE poisoned his food at his hotel, which is hilarious and obvious tinfoil hat insanity lol

That is literally the opposite of Rampage saying he took part in a fixed fight lol. The UFC also incentivizes fighters, before the fight ever begins, so their fighters try and go the distance in their bouts too... it's called a fight of the night bonus lol

Last edited:
He is upset Anderson got cut in PRIDE.....come to think of it, he got cut by the UFC too, Shogun lasted longer than him. <45>

He's upset that everyone knows he's a moron after all the effort he's put in trying to make people believe otherwise.

<36>

I do not respect an org which was littered with fixed fights. One fixed fight is already an absolute disgrace. Having a culture of it is unacceptable. So many of those so called fights look suspect, it just has no credibility especially Sakuraba's pro wrestling looking matches. MMA is supposed to be the most realistic format for actual fighting. Pride FC took a dump on that philosophy.

Not to mention the freakshow fights, and guys fighting much bigger opponents. The latter ruined some careers, so did those tournament formats. It's a crime that some of those matches happened. Look at 300lb Hunt beating some MW pure boxer nearly to death.

Pride was not around for very long but if it had, it wouldn't have been sustainable for their stars and you would have seen permanent injuries and even deaths. But it was only around for a few years for one particular generation so you couldn't truly grasp the damage it did to these people.

many fixed outcomes in all of sports from refs shaving points in all sports to boxing to ufc from taktarov vs Macias so Oleg could face tank fresh. Shamrock Franklin chael vs rashad. Yan omalley paddy Gordon.
to many in between to the betting scandal going on today.
it happens in all sports. Pride was the absolute best.
If that’s your complain about an org you either havent paid attention or parroted something you heard from a couple pride fights. It’s 2022 and i gave you 3 from just this year.

I'm watching Rizin right now, and I already miss Pride.

Vitor was a "UFC guy" like Chuck who failed in Pride and lost his way out.

Hendo would have KOd Jones that's why Jones was scared to fight Chael on short notice 6 days out because he has to cheat and cycle roids to compete and win
The Jones hate is so strong, people say just pure craziness.

Jones was "afraid" of Chael because of Henderson? and had to cycle steroids to beat him.

Meanwhile Chael is not only one of the most prolific and open steroid users in MMA, he got beat down in 45 seconds by Jones.

upload_2022-12-31_14-48-50.png

Hendo (another open user of steroids) also caught a fast ass whooping by Jones

upload_2022-12-31_14-49-31.png

We gotta try and make it make sense

The UFC has 3 acknowledged fixed fights in it's history with evidence:
  • Oleg Taktarov vs. Anthony Macias - (Big John McCarthy's book "Let's Bring It On")
  • Don Frye vs. Mark Hall 3 - (Frye said it himself in an interview)
  • Leo Kuntz vs. Tae Hyun Bang - (Tae Hyun Bang went to fucking jail because of it lol)
In comparison PRIDE has one proven fixed fight in it's history, Nobuhiko Takada vs Mark Coleman. That fight took place in 1999, the era where every organization had fixed fights... including the UFC

Meanwhile the UFC has a proven fixed fight in 2015.

original.png

There are also multiple other UFC fights that are suspicious but without evidence. Frank Shamrock vs Rich Franklin, as just one example. Frank took part in a few works in Pancase so it's not exactly a huge leap considering he literally faked being punched and then dropped to the ground before ever being touched.
to be fair, tae hyun bang conspired to throw the fight and went so far as to bet half of his winnings on leo kuntz. unfortunately he still won the fight lol so he tried to throw the fight and failed.

And Hendo was gonna be another victim before injury pulled him out of the fight.

Shertards never forgave Jones for what he did to their sweethearts. If you look back, Jon added a little extra humiliation and brutality in those fights compared to the rest of his title reign.
Especially rampage lol at the end of the round picked him up and dropped him like a child. And kicked that knee over and over

Didnt he tap to strikes?
Has he had some of the most exciting fights in MMA history? Does he bring everytime? Is he a member of the Just Bleed Gods house of of Badasses? If the answer is yes to all of this, Thab Shogun is most definitely a gangsta

Back