Is Samuel Peter done ?

power-athlete

pro sherdog poster
Reaction score
After taking beatings from K-Brothers and Helenius.. i think hes done. Thoughts ?

It's up to him.

Even if he comes into a bout in prime shape I doubt he beats either of the Klits, but he is good enough to give real scares to many of the contenders out there.

If he comes into a bout in the shape he did against Helenius or Chambers he's just a name opponent for someone to knock off.

Great thread.....too much effort in the OP though.

There has been talk about Peter's lack of commitment to training well before his career took a defined downward turn. The path that he's chosen to take now- showing up at career-high weights to fight champions and up-and-coming fighters in their backyards is that of a man who has admitted to himself that he either doesn't have what it takes to get to and stay at the top echelon of the sport or simply no longer has the desire to do so, and is cashing in on whatever fame or notoriety they've earned back when they were hungry. He's turning into a gatekeeper and I wouldn't be too surprised to see him willingly getting pounded on by some fresh faces in the sport over the course of the next few years. Wouldn't be surprised to see him ko one or two of them along the way either though... dude is still a bull.

He's not done, but he's not got enough left to give either of the Klitschko brothers any trouble. If he focuses in training and comes into a fight in the right frame of mind then I think he'd give Povetkin and Helenius real problems. At this point he's the name fighter guys like Solis and Arreola should be looking to fight, and he's still got enough left to give either guy real problems.

He can still make living as a boxer for a while, but no one will ever be able to kid themselves that he might be the besting the world or anything like that

He's done. Too slow, too out of shape and too much reliance on that one KO punch.

maybe he's as done as Wladimir after his bouts with Sanders and Brewster.

He's done. Too slow, too out of shape and too much reliance on that one KO punch.

His handspeed is underrated, but his feet are about as slow as they get. What Ike Ibeabuchi brought to the table was good size supported by good hips. Almost everyone above 230lbs fights with the agility of an action figure.

Define "Done" ....
He is definitely done as any kind of champ or contender, but this is HW we are talking about, Sam Peter can still easily beat majority of the HW nowaday if he stay in shape.

Back