Is Sakuraba the best welterweight/lightweight of all time (that never been)?

Jesus that highlight video.... You will never see anything close to that in the UFC, how stale the sport have become. Can watch Saku, Wand and Fedor all day long, they have no boring fights.

GSP vs Igor?
GSP vs Cro Cop
GSP vs Prime Wanderlei 3 times
GSP vs Rampage
GSP vs Arona

Could you even fathom it?

GSP wouldn't even move up 1 weight class for 1 superfight, Sakuraba fought the best of the best in 1, 2, 3 wieght classes above.

matt-serra_georges-st-pierre.gif

Saku > GSP.

Yeah it would have been real nice to see him fight at his ACTUAL weight and not have to get beaten on by massive gorillas. When I got into MMA Sakuraba was the man, and it always made me sad to see him constantly fed to guys he shouldn't have been in there with.

Fun to watch but never the best in a time or weight class!

Dude fought GIANTS, and WON !

He's one of the GOATS no doubt.

When they asked of GSP to fight Anderson he was like.. yeah... abut that... my frame.... i need more muscles... maybe in the future... my performance... his performance...

over GSP? lol no

Hughes probably ragdolls him too

Depending on what stage of their careers the fight happens at, I could see him beating Hughes.

Saku was in his prime around the time Hughes got raped by Hallman. Around then, Saku probably would've clowned him on the mat. Saku was actually fighting LEGIT bad motherfuckers at the time, whereas Hughes fought a bunch of no-names. Prime Saku would make Hughes look awful.

Hughes was still a great wrestler at the time but his BJJ/submission game needed a lot of work at the time. Saku is one of the craftiest grapplers the sport has ever seen IMO.

Prime vs. prime is a different story, but I wouldn't be surprised if Saku still pulled it off, you can never count out a prime Saku. He proved people wrong all the time by beating guys that pretty much everybody thought was going to maul him easily.

Saku is the kind of guy who is much better than what the numbers on his record says.

GSP would've beat him though. He'd keep it standing and probably just outclass him the whole time.

Back