Is Ronda the only fighter to get an immediate title shot

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Against someone she's never fought before (interim titles don't count)

Edit: Coming off a loss in the same division.

She is the first one to skip media tho. Even after Dana removed Conor from UFC 200 and keep repeating that "it`s not fair to the other fighters"

Alexander Gustafsson vs Daniel Cormier

She is the first one to skip media tho. Even after Dana removed Conor from UFC 200 and keep repeating that "it`s not fair to the other fighters"

contracts - how do they work?

She didn't skip though. She worked out an agreement with the UFC before signing the fight contract.

This happens more frequently in japan and strikeforce etc. Overeem got a title shot in strikeforce after losing to Sergei in Japan. Pride gave title shots to fighters just for the golly heck of it.

This happens more frequently in japan and strikeforce etc. Overeem got a title shot in strikeforce after losing to Sergei in Japan. Pride gave title shots to fighters just for the golly heck of it.

You talking about Japan and Strikeforce as if they are currently happening is kind of a mindfuck.

Randy's career was based off random title shots

You talking about Japan and Strikeforce as if they are currently happening is kind of a mindfuck.
because i wrote happens instead of happened? hahah
I wish they were still around!

Wasnt the question asked. And she laid out her terms ahead of time. Conor didnt.
If that's true, I don't understand what the big hoopla was over Conor missing A press conference when he said he'd do the ones closer to the fight.
So a fighter just says 2 months beforehand instead of 1 that "yaaaaa buddeh...i aint doin all that press conference shit", and it's cool? It wasn't like he pulled a Diaz and just no showed day of the event.
Considering how big the UFC are on promotion, it is just baffling that they let the main event do nothing. Not even a damn phone call.

If that's true, I don't understand what the big hoopla was over Conor missing A press conference when he said he'd do the ones closer to the fight.
So a fighter just says 2 months beforehand instead of 1 that "yaaaaa buddeh...i aint doin all that press conference shit", and it's cool? It wasn't like he pulled a Diaz and just no showed day of the event.
Considering how big the UFC are on promotion, it is just baffling that they let the main event do nothing. Not even a damn phone call.

The difference, as far as I can tell, is that they stand to gain nothing from Ronda being asked questions. Just let the promos do their thing and have everyone thinking about her "getting revenge" or whatever, instead of hearing her have to answer questions about getting ktfo'd.

Conor not participating in promotion is a far greater blow.

It was her comeback terms and they worked it out before hand. I personally don't give a shit since never watch these anyways, but I think it's pretty easy to understand why the UFC might get upset when he refused to go to his obligations he had agreed too. Also there was clearly a power struggle going on between them

Back