Is Rampage the new Tito?

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Past his prime and bitching about money while losing fights in the octagon? All this guy talks about is money and he's one of the richest guys in the UFC. Not only that, it's because he's in the UFC that's he so rich and famous. He hasn't won a relevant fight in years. Celebrity net worth has him worth $8m while they state Anderson is worth $10m and GSP is worth $7m (although GSP's seems too low). Anyway, what's this guys problem?

I wouldn't be surprised if he left the UFC, negotiated with a few promotions, realized that he's never going to get the same money as in the UFC, returned with a good ass kiss to Dana and finished off his career getting beaten up by up and comers.... or Shogun.

I assume the reason he is worth so much is because he was in a couple movies. Im pretty sure he earned a good chunk of change for playing BA in the A Team movie

Past his prime and bitching about money while losing fights in the octagon? All this guy talks about is money and he's one of the richest guys in the UFC. Not only that, it's because he's in the UFC that's he so rich and famous. He hasn't won a relevant fight in years. Celebrity net worth has him worth $8m while they state Anderson is worth $10m and GSP is worth $7m (although GSP's seems too low). Anyway, what's this guys problem?

Yeah, he seems really bitter lately.

it's like i said in the other thread, he's been doing alot of unusual Rampage like shit talking for his upcoming fight with Glover. i hope the 2008 rampage shows up, because if the Bader fight Rampage shows up, he is going to look like an idiot

I wouldn't be surprised if he left the UFC, negotiated with a few promotions, realized that he's never going to get the same money as in the UFC, returned with a good ass kiss to Dana and finished off his career getting beaten up by up and comers.... or Shogun.

I'm thinking that after he leaves the UFC he'll take a few fights elsewhere and probably milk his fame in the WWE.

i wonder who has made money in their careers

There is nothing out there that would pay him great money. All the organizations that are even just decent like Bellator or K-1 etc. wouldn't pay him what he was compensated by Zuffa. He isn't worth 500K, a PPV percentage (*oh yeah no one does though), TUF deals/cars/sponsorships etc. will all go away over the next year for him. If he leaves the UFC he is done making top figure salaries in MMA. He could make another movie probably and get paid closest to what he has made in Zuffa, but other than that there is no way he is worth what he was in 2007/2008.

Yeah, he seems really bitter lately.

it's like i said in the other thread, he's been doing alot of unusual Rampage like shit talking for his upcoming fight with Glover. i hope the 2008 rampage shows up, because if the Bader fight Rampage shows up, he is going to look like an idiot

The last two months have been nothing but positive messages coming from Rampage, no shit talking what so ever.

its kind of the opposite, tito turned into a company man at the end of his career

tito bitched in his prime and lost out on a bunch of fights and got everyone on his bad side

rampage and dana are butting heads because dey both are da alpha dawg

he lost to jones and fought injured vs bader not near what tito was doing... and he said numerous times it's not about money but more about how he's been treated. he said he knows he's gonna take a pay cut leaving the ufc but it's worth it for a piece of mind..

haters.gif

People are ridiculous. He loses two straight...one being a championship bout against someone whos never really lost and the other he fought injured.

I think Tito had some title defenses...so no.

I think he'll make great money somewhere else. Somewhere like Bellator, they will use him as the poster boy. He'll do just fine outside the UFC and get even richer doing what he wants, wearing his sponsors...plus he'll be the big dog on campus. Similar to Hendo when he went to Strikeforce.

I think he'll make great money somewhere else. Somewhere like Bellator, they will use him as the poster boy. He'll do just fine outside the UFC and get even richer doing what he wants, wearing his sponsors...plus he'll be the big dog on campus. Similar to Hendo when he went to Strikeforce.

I love this post... I stole it ... but its perfect:

"I can't wait for Rampage's Ultimate Boxing Championship where everyone makes at least $1 million per fight and all the grapplers aren't allowed to make contact with Rampage with anything but their gloves."

vs. Tito
"I give everything cuz of the fans.... I trained and fought with a broken spine, and concussion, I and I built this sport... and I fought for the fans... and I fought with a broken SKULL... all for the fans... cus without me... blah blah..."

Love him of hate him, hes still one of the most recognizable faces in the UFC and the brand is all about marketing. With popularity waning and the need for continual growth worldwide, it would seem that reconciliation and re-doing their marriage vows are in order for Rampage and Dana.

I love this post... I stole it ... but its perfect:

"I can't wait for Rampage's Ultimate Boxing Championship where everyone makes at least $1 million per fight and all the grapplers aren't allowed to make contact with Rampage with anything but their gloves."

And no Leg Kicks or muay thai clinch.....

Back