Is Pierce the big favorite over Palhares?

Pennisland

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Pierce but from the looks of it this fight could get interesting. Pierce could easily out strike Rousimar but when they're clinching it could get dangerous for Mike. He's good enough to keep it on the feet but if they do go to the ground Pierce could be in trouble. He's never even finished though. Pierce by grinding decision!

Seems like it will be a lot like Parlo v Butcher at Bellator 102.

That said, you can never be sure which Paul Harris is going to show up.

Pierce will pin Paul Harris in the cage and dirtybox him until he folds.

Last edited:
Hard to say how this one will go out. At least in training rumour has it that Palhares tested the cut and had a good gass tank, but again, it's training, so...
I think that could be a fun fight if it keep standing or a good fight in the ground. Probably the FOTN darkhorse.

Palhares is the big underdog for this one.

This fight is going to be good.

I'm betting pierce punches Palhares ticket and gets hisself a top ten fight.

I think as the fight goes on Palhares will gas badly, which is the converse of Pierce's cardio.

Bad matchup for Palhares, and Pierce's boxing is steadily improving.

Pierce will finish him with strikes after palhares fails a leglock/realizes he cant attempt a leglock.

Pierce will probably grind him down to a TKO.

Yes, he will knock him the fuck out.

Pierce is good, but Palhares is an interesting matchup for him.

Palhares actually has very good TD's. He took down Dan Henderson.

His striking isn't great, but he did a good job against Dan Miller. I'm not sure he still strikes as well as he did in that fight though, it hasn't looked like it since then.
He has some unpredictable and dangerous power, on account of his strength alone.

Plus Palhares has changed his training, and it may make a difference.

Pierce probably takes it, but he's also probably a betting favorite (I haven't checked), and I wouldn't bet on Pierce either.

Don't think the decision to drop to 170 is going to go too well for Toquinho. Division filled with wrestleboxers that he probably won't be able to take down and most of them have power too.

I think Pierce will take him down (or rock him on the feet and get a top position) and finish the fight with ground and pound. Palhares has a hard time when guys are unloading on him from top position.

Pierce will bullrush him immediately, press him against the cage, and keep him there for as long as he can dirtyboxing Randy Couture styles. Bread and butter.

Toquinho is coming off 2 losses & is untried @ WW.

Obviously Pierce will be the bookies fav.

Back