Is Parillo responsible?

theheater

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
For the worlds dumbest fucking attempt at striking?

He was in bjs corner. As a hardcore bj fan its fucking infuriating seeing him bounce around upright like a bozo.

He couldnt generate any power. He had no timing and threw awkward arm punches that were missing by a couple feet. He couldnt avoid being hit. His legendary TDD was useless being that upright

This might have been the stupidest gameplan in the history of the sport

Really an established striking coach came up with this? Was on board with this? They trained like this and decided to fight like this? Who the fuck was bj sparring? One of the golden girls? Someone needs to grilll Parillo because i cant think of a single reason why bj came to the cage with this bullshit

Agreed TS. Plus why was he telling BJ don't think about the 4th round when it was the 3rd? I always thought he was a little weird with how he approaches things.

Hated that guy ever since I saw him in Bj's corner. Never gave him any good advice, pretty much a hanger-on-er/yes-man.

why has bj kept the same fucking team

they have failed him too many times to keep them

Parillo is a terrible coach. I don't think hes had any successful fighters

I know that Parillo worked with Tito on striking. Who else has he coached in the UFC?

I'm not a big BJ Penn fan but that upright stance immediately looked odd. Watching Joe Rogan's fight companion podcast, even he thought BJ Penn's stance was weird.

I disliked Parillo in his corner for the first 2 frankie fights so I was really disappointed at seeing him again. Bad gameplan on top of BJ not being the best physically.

I know that Parillo worked with Tito on striking. Who else has he coached in the UFC?

I'm not a big BJ Penn fan but that upright stance immediately looked odd. Watching Joe Rogan's fight companion podcast, even he thought BJ Penn's stance was weird.

He was with Bisping aswell, but Bisping stopped working with him I think

That may have been the worst striking strategy i've seen since that Japanese fighter tried to parry Nick Diaz's punches with his own punches.

It was much worse than Kikuno/Ferguson

As a hardcore bj fan its fucking infuriating seeing him bounce around upright like a bozo.

tumblr_lfr1s96elC1qzfp7bo1_500.png

No but really, it's no one's fault but BJ's. He keeps bringing the same guys in and according to Ian McCall he did absolutely no S&C for this fight, he never had a chance. The upright stance was ridiculous but it wasn't going to make a difference, Parillo was only one of many reasons why BJ looked so terrible.

Parillo can do no wrong since his mid round pep talk against Sanchez (if I remember correctly?)

"This guy doesn't belong... Get rid of him"

why has bj kept the same fucking team

they have failed him too many times to keep them

It's scary to think of what BJ could have been if he kept his head on straight, kept at his natural weight and got with a good team.

That's the story of BJ's career though-- his actual accomplishments pale in comparison to his talent.

No but really, it's no one's fault but BJ's. He keeps bringing the same guys in and according to Ian McCall he did absolutely no S&C for this fight, he never had a chance.

According to McCall on the Joe Rogan podcast, all BJ did for S&C was farming.

Back