Is oat milk good?

kuromusha

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Lately, I've been going to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf because they have a pretty decent tea selection. While there, I've noticed them advertising oat milk along with many other drink spots. What do you guys think? Does it warrant the hype?

Never had oat milk but I had oat steak and it is terrible

It’s not bad, depending on what kind they use. Better than almond milk, thicker less watery mouth feel.

More environmentally sustainable than almonds as well.

For cereal I use this brown rice bad boy, which is really nice.

I don't have milk in coffee, but I find that none of the non dairy milks work in hot drinks when I've tried. They tend to separate, and also alter the taste quite badly imo.

7219_18562_z.jpg

Nutritionally it's pretty crap compared to actual milk.

most commercially available nut/grain "milks" are just artificially thickened shit. they make me pee funny when i drink a ton of it.

Oaties is ok but still tastes like skim milk left over from oatmeal. The absolute best nondairy milk is unsweetened coconut milk by so delicious. It has fat content of 2% dairy and is much less coconutty in flavor than the other brands. I drink about 2 cartons a week by myself. It is actually creamy like cow milk. Just stay away from the regular stuff, it's way too sweet.

SDDF_PBB_Unsweetened-Coconutmilk.png

If so delicious stopped making it I would just switch back to 3% whole milk because everything else tastes poor e.g., soy, almond, oat milk.

Oaties is ok but still tastes like skim milk left over from oatmeal. The absolute best nondairy milk is unsweetened coconut milk by so delicious. It has fat content of 2% dairy and is much less coconutty in flavor than the other brands. I drink about 2 cartons a week by myself. It is actually creamy like cow milk. Just stay away from the regular stuff, it's way too sweet.

SDDF_PBB_Unsweetened-Coconutmilk.png

If so delicious stopped making it I would just switch back to 3% whole milk because everything else tastes poor e.g., soy, almond, oat milk.
3% whole milk? You made that up.

even unsweetened oatmilk has relatively high carbs. Fairlife is my favorite, 13g protein and lactose free so I don't shit myself. And it tastes great

I don't know about oat, but rice milk is weird as shit. There's a reason almond is the popular alternative I think.

It's fine, but the best milk alternative is unsweeetened Almond Breeze Cashew.

Back