Is Nick Diaz broke or he really has the desire to fight?

Ya I was afraid you were going to say that. "celebritynetworth" dot com and whatnot are not legit sources.

Regardless, I'm as much or more guilty than you. I made a big assumption - that he made maybe a few million and probably has less than a million left which isn't really enough for a young man under 40 to retire (comfortably) on. But I really don't know shit.

And since I don't know shit, I will stop talking :) Cheers.
Net worth I believe is assets plus how much money he has. I would imagine those websites are more accurate than your guess. If the three million net worth is accurate I would imagine he has 2 million or less in cash since he lives in California owns a home and a business.

Would you guys think he’d do better against Masvidal than Nate did? I find him being less sloppy than Nate and his footwork seems to be a bit better? Masvidals confidence is also down a bit since he got KO-d… this makes a difference no matter what they say.

I don't think Nick is broke, but I'm sure he needs cash flow after not having any fight income for awhile. I don't actually expect Nick to fight at all. I think he is just milking this process for hype to keep his name on the public's mind, so he can get work for being "famous" like the stripchat thing, etc.

Alot of people have trouble walking away from fighting because of the rush you get, the glory and paycheck.

Im sure Nick needs it. Hes a fighter to the core.
He's consistently said that he hates fighting. The anxiety and everything really gets to a lot of fighters

Probably not broke but a nice paycheck wouldn’t hurt i guess.

Will watch

[_] Vintage Nick Diaz
[X] get paycheck Nick Diaz

The thing is, all he really needs against Lawler is cardio and a good chin in case Lawler connects. His cardio should still be stellar given he and Nate are cardio fiends and his chin certainly hasn't been damaged from being off, plus its not like Silva, GSP or Condit (his last 3 fights) did any real damage other than cuts and bruises.

It's the perfect comeback fight for him. Lawler is shot at this point.
I'm not gonna deny that Lawler is shot but let's not assume that 7 years of booze and pot are going to turn out an elite Nick Diaz.

Fighting elite fighters > getting wasted and not fighting

It's a shame we didn't get this fight 8 years ago.

I feel like most of his last stint in the UFC was just him collecting paychecks. I can’t imagine it’ll be any different this time. I’m a big fan of Nick before that last UFC stint. But aside from his whipping of BJ, he didn’t look very good.

I'm not gonna deny that Lawler is shot but let's not assume that 7 years of booze and pot are going to turn out an elite Nick Diaz.

Fighting elite fighters > getting wasted and not fighting

It's a shame we didn't get this fight 8 years ago.
For sure. I know the finding wasn’t quite right but, Nick/Lawler would’ve been a way more interesting matchup then Nick/GSP back then.

He isn't broke. He is in the Marijuana industry. He likely is getting payed way more for this fight than almost any other fight in his career though so why not?

He generally always stays in shape and he hasn't taken damage in years so I think it is likely Nick is closer to his best than Lawler is.
His inactivity and his substance abuse have taken a toll on him. And I'm not talking about the weed. He admitted he had a problem with alcohol, and knowing how he is, he's probably done more than his share of coke, too. That plus 5+ years of not really training for MMA and having no fights? I don't know how people expect him to be anywhere close to his best. He hasn't won a fight in a decade.

Lawler isn't at his best either, obviously. But he's been active and training. I expect Lawler to be the better fighter.

Although I am a fan of Nick Diaz I am not overly convinced that we will see a great performance from him. His released footage from training, his appereance - im not too sold. He does triathlons tho, so his physical shape should be more or less OK.

What do you guys think? I have mixed feelings about this.
Discuss.
He hates fighting and has never really had the desire, it just makes him money an sometimes he was decent at it

Doesn't he have all sorts of other income? His school seems to be doing well and he's always hocking the "herb".

If he wins and looks good doing it then this sets up a grudge match with maga masvidal; which would garner huge numbers and $$$ for him.
Plus the self defense classes for hookers
<{jackyeah}>

Back