Is Nate Diaz good in taking down guys?

arridude

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Nate Diaz is well known for his striking an BJJ skills so i wonder if is he good enough to be a threat to McG in terms of TD.
Thoughts?

31%. Usually comes off of people trying to take him down.

His takedowns suck, but his clinch work is surprisingly decent. He could get GOAT down if he uses his leverage, just like he got Thomson, Benson, and Maynard down

if he manages to get conor down i wouldnt be surprised if conor got submitted.

No really,but then again Conor's TDD is not great either. If Nate somehow gets him on the ground, Conor is positively screwed.

No really,but then again Conor's TDD is not great either. If Nate somehow gets him on the ground, Conor is positively screwed.
ha, its not that bad, but certainly a great wrestler can take down mcgregor easily, but nate? eeeh

Nate isn't going for takedowns. He just dominated a very dynamic striker in Michael Johnson, who most of you said would beat Diaz.

Nate does have pretty decent throws. Hasn't utilized them in a long time but he has used trips and throws in his earlier fights before his boxing got to where it is now.

He has nice trips and throws but so does Conor. People forget how easily McGregor took Holloway down.

Both guys cant wrestler but have similar TDs IMO.

If he is even then he won't. I like this fight; both have good chins, don't back down, this is gonna be a slugfest and neither guy has got anything to lose (except a couple of braincells). If Diaz wins, Conor will still get the TS at LW because "he fought 2 weight classes above his own" and "say what you will but it takes balls to take on a long time veteran, one of the most dangerous fighters in the sport, at such short notice at welterweight." Not a big chance that Diaz is gonna knock Conor out cold too. So should Conor win the LW title, it immediately sets up a "highly anticipated rematch, but now with the weight cut". If Conor wins, Dana will squirt and call Conor "the p4p best fighter in the world." It'l set up a TS at LW and will let talk of a WW TS start rolling as well. If it is competitive, the rematch talks rolls again, if Conor KO's him, they'll just say "fuck Diaz, he's unmarketable anyway and he got his paycheck so."

Wrestling TD's, no. Throws/trips pretty decent.

tumblr_n8ol9hvVZM1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Nah and Conor's going to be keeping him off with push kicks to his upper legs and body kicks. He's not going to get into a straight up boxing match against Nate.

It's not like he's fighting a guy with one of the best double legs in the sport to fall back on on short notice again. This is actually a great style for Conor to look great against.

I think he will try to show he's the better boxer so the it doesn't matter in the end

His takedowns are pretty good but his takedowns are mostly clinch based.

Wouldn't it be a bit like a Diaz to annoy Zuffa and flip the script and take Mcgregor down and submit him? He has some nasty submissions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back