Is MMAFighting walking Sherdogs path a decade ago?

KickWith3rdLeg

You smoke this **** to escape reality?
@purple
Reaction score
Seems like all their talent has left like Sherdogs did many years ago (Sherwood, Gross, Desantis, Breen, Hunt, and many more) only problem is they don’t have a forum to fall back on.

Seems like they’re falling and falling fast

why would they want a fourm? to see what a bunch of tri hard idiots post all day?

The comments on the articles just seems to be way down as well.. they need a new 'hit' show lol, talents..

As long as they got Dave Meltzer they'll be fine
Hes their secret weapon to success!

I think it’s telling that dudes like Fowlkes, Dundas, and others have come over to The Athletic. There, they have more freedom to report on stories that actually matter, instead of:
a) pandering to Zuffa by writing fluff pieces on the “stars” that UFC wants to push,
b) hoping for clicks by writing about controversial / irrelevant (to the sport) crap like analyzing tweets from Conor and the Diaz brothers

I think it’s telling that dudes like Fowlkes, Dundas, and others have come over to The Athletic. There, they have more freedom to report on stories that actually matter, instead of:
a) pandering to Zuffa by writing fluff pieces on the “stars” that UFC wants to push,
b) hoping for clicks by writing about controversial / irrelevant (to the sport) crap like analyzing tweets from Conor and the Diaz brothers
Plus they also got huge raises, lets not leave out the real reason they left

Nah, doesn't happen. Even once.<Dany07>

Luke Thomas is seems like he trying to venture into boxing. Was an pre fight "analyst" at the last Showtime event.

I think it might just be shift in business model of what some of these media companies think of the MMA sites they own.

Let's be honest a majority of the MMA news sites are just rehashing stories from fighter interviews from a handful of MMA webcast/radio shows that occur through the week. There is very little real journalism going on out there. For every one good investigative type report there is 15 stories of just cliff notes of an interview. How many sites can we have like that? My guess is these owners of the sites have realize the don't need to pay people much to rehash shit as those stories probably get the most clicks.

The Athletic will be very interesting as I highly doubt they'll conform to bully tactics that promoters love to fall back on in this sport. I think the writers they signed away from these sites are looking to be more real reporters and want that freedom.

I'm surprised The Athletic was able to hire several high profile journalists. A lot of MMA fans won't even pay $5/mo for ESPN+, do they really get people to pay that for news??

The Athletic will die soon enough and it will be hilarious. Sherdog is terrible now.

They've already started pposting complete garbage pieces.

Luke Thomas is seems like he trying to venture into boxing. Was an pre fight "analyst" at the last Showtime event.
Now that he works for them part time, he has to shill their boxing events.

The fall of MMAFighting.com has been sad to watch.

It was my go to place for mma media. Ariel, Chuck Mindenhall, Luke Thomas, Shaun Al Shatti, Ben Fowlkes back in the day, they all made good stuff. Throw in the MMA Hour and the MMA Beat and I didn't need to go anywhere else.

Now they've all gone elsewhere and the site is a shell of its former self.

Back