Is Millennia in Rancho Cucamonga still a solid school?

luk1n

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm new and am looking for a school near Fontana and read several forum posts from 2008 that Millennia was a good place to go. I was just wondering if it still that way. My other option at the moment is C-Quence in Fontana (trying to limit to 5 miles each way since I don't have a car, only bicycle and already ride 20 miles a day for work). I only saw 2 people post about C-Quence and they were both in Norco.

Any updates? Thanks.

Javier Vaquez doesn't teach BJJ there anymore..Not sure who does now. Is that what you are looking for?

Javier Vaquez doesn't teach BJJ there anymore..Not sure who does now. Is that what you are looking for?

Yea things like that, did that make the quality of teaching go down much or has someone else come in to replace? I called up and they said it's $145/month for unlimited bjj classes. Just wanted to double check, I might be willing to ride further if quality has gone down etc since I didn't see any posts about it since 2008. That's basically it, just curious.

If you're looking in rancho I would also look into Pedro Carvalho. I go to one of their affilate schools and Emilio and Pedro are just awesome to work with

I looked into Carvalho but it would add 14 miles round trip to my 20 miles on my bike already. Not quite sure if I can do that but I'll consider, thanks.

Being familiar with most of the schools in the area, I can tell you to just check out of all them for yourself. Javier Vazquez is not at millennia anymore, there are still some very good, lesser known instructors teaching there as well as good instructors at pedro carvalho's school in Rancho a well. For the area you talk about, those are your absolute best bets

Last edited:
Rancho Cucamonga is just such a funny name for a place

alright well with brian and spoonman also recommending Carvalho, i'll try to pedal my ass out there as well. thanks all.

Yea things like that, did that make the quality of teaching go down much or has someone else come in to replace? I called up and they said it's $145/month for unlimited bjj classes. Just wanted to double check, I might be willing to ride further if quality has gone down etc since I didn't see any posts about it since 2008. That's basically it, just curious.

The Purple Belt BJJ instructor who still teaches there has been training with us, Ralph Gracie Chino Hills, for the past year and a half if that tells you anything. He was already teaching there when he asked if he could train with us in Anaheim and has since switched to our Chino Hills location and fights under Team Ralph Gracie. I am not sure how far Moreno Valley is from Rancho but there are some really good schools there, UBJJ and Pinnacle (know UBJJ personally and it is good, but just noticed Pinnacle had a pretty big team at a fight we went to last week.) Or, you could drive out to us. We have 3 black belt instructors that are great. :icon_chee

The Purple Belt BJJ instructor who still teaches there has been training with us, Ralph Gracie Chino Hills, for the past year and a half if that tells you anything. He was already teaching there when he asked if he could train with us in Anaheim and has since switched to our Chino Hills location and fights under Team Ralph Gracie. I am not sure how far Moreno Valley is from Rancho but there are some really good schools there, UBJJ and Pinnacle (know UBJJ personally and it is good, but just noticed Pinnacle had a pretty big team at a fight we went to last week.) Or, you could drive out to us. We have 3 black belt instructors that are great. :icon_chee

What she said...

Millenia is still legit, alot of up and coming pro fighters

I think the purple belt your talking about is Daniel? If so, He also teaches a day class where I train and he is a really good instructor.

i definitely looked at the ralph gracie site (23 miles away) but like i said before, only have a bike so limited mobility. i even check from where i work but it's still 10 miles away from there AND in the opposite direction of where i live :(.

I think the purple belt your talking about is Daniel? If so, He also teaches a day class where I train and he is a really good instructor.

I can vouch for Daniel too, he is definitely a top notch instructor. Don't let the purple belt fool you:icon_twis

Yes it is Daniel. Are you training at Scott Proffit's new school? He is a really nice guy and I am sure the school is really good too. In Hemit or somewhere around there? I'm not sure Daniel spends much time at Millenia any more.

Yes it is Daniel. Are you training at Scott Proffit's new school? He is a really nice guy and I am sure the school is really good too. In Hemit or somewhere around there? I'm not sure Daniel spends much time at Millenia any more.

Yea I'm at scott's school. We are in the high desert and Scott is a really cool guy. It's the only place that I've been that if you show up early or stay late you can pretty much get a free private lesson. Scott is just all about having people on the mat and isn't all about making money off you.

Plus we have really good instructors.

Yea I'm at scott's school. We are in the high desert and Scott is a really cool guy. It's the only place that I've been that if you show up early or stay late you can pretty much get a free private lesson. Scott is just all about having people on the mat and isn't all about making money off you.

Plus we have really good instructors.

Our school is exactly like that too. That is not very common any more. But, from a business standpoint I would guess it isn't that smart. We have three black belts and after everyone is paid and the bills are done there is hardly enough for the rent. But regardless, I think in the end it is better business to actually care about your students and not just try to make money off them. Word gets around (especially if you have higher quality of training too). :D

Back