Is Mendes Latino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was part hobbit actually.

haha
What kind of "vibe" were you expecting?

Cholo+1.jpg

Anyway, on Saturday night, the only "vibe" he will produce will be that of a WINNER.

Haha...maybe.

What I mean was he is big into hunting. I don't know many Latinos into hunting and being an outdoorsman.

I know a lot of Latinos with guns but they don't use them for shooting deer.

He's adopted. Mendez is probably not his biological parents name. He said it in a press conference when asked about his latin heritage. I can't find it...

I'm looking.

the name "chad" is just such a white people name, too.

Chad Ochocinco begs to differ. :wink:

But seriously, if he could speak Spanish or Portugese you know the UFC would be all over that.

the "latino audience" is so overstated

it must really bum these fighters out to have to sell out their heritage and pretend to be some caricature

the "latino audience" is so overstated

it must really bum these fighters out to have to sell out their heritage and pretend to be some caricature

Like Munoz pushing being Filipino. I think the first time he ever went to the Philippines was just a couple years ago.

He was asked this in the "Welcome to the Show" press conference, he said he isn't

Is Chad Mendes Latino and if so, why isn't he marketed to the Latino market the way many of the other Latino fighters are?

Personally, I don't get much of a Latino vibe from him.
Latino? No, he is from the USA and, I believe, a portuguese name. And Portugal is in Europe. Dam...

He is 4'9

Daddy Dana no sell Gnomes

Latino? No, he is from the USA and, I believe, a portuguese name. And Portugal is in Europe. Dam...
Well latino means from latin descent.
Portugal, italy and spain are all latin speaking countrys.
So technically a person from portgual descent is latin, but not latino because its not considered Latin American.
But if that same very portguese person was born in cuba they would be latino.
Weird shit with invisible lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back