Is masterchef fake and/or scripted?

Social Distance Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a question that has been asked before...

And I'm sorry if this common knowledge...

And I'm especially sorry for watching such a show, but I can't be the only one , right?

That being said, is this show scripted?

I ask because I see some interactions and ridiculous caricatures that it has me convinced it's fake.

Thoughts?

I don't know but I died a little when I found out the majority of cheaters episodes were scripted. If I was you, I'd stop asking questions

I really think at the least that they are given ideas on what they are going to have to cook/bake. They are tasked with cooking some random shit sometimes and everyone knows how to do it. Especially the baking. How does everyone know the proper ratios, that shit is scientific. Your mixes need to be bang on.

Don't ever trust reality shows, especially the 'reality.'

I'm pretty sure I read that even when "time is up" on a challenge, they usually get a lot of extra time to plate up their dish nicely and make it look presentable, so that part is fake.

But which Masterchef are we talking here? The US version? If so, more than likely that shit is scripted. The Australian version seems pretty authentic though, just normal every day people cooking shit. No exciting characters, fabricated drama etc.. which is why some people find it boring.

Back