Is Maia/Shields the highest level grappling fight we've seen so far in MMA?

Ken Shamrock vs Kimbo Slice

giphy.gif

One of my favorite fights of all time.

I bring it up all the time, palhares vs Linhares is criminally underrated

Twaa a terrific grappler's duel. Saku Newton is numero uno for me. Another great ground battle is Kang vs Tanaka. Awesome scrambles and grappling exchanges. One of the better ufc bantamweight fights period.

Yahya vs Beebe had some good grappling also Torres vs Mighty Mouse had a good display of bjj from Torres .

Jason Macdonald vs Damian Maia was a great grappling match back at ...ufc 87

A really funny ground fight to watch is Butterbean vs Zulu. Hilarious. Ends with a sub and everything hahaha. If someone could embed for everyone's viewing pleasure I would appreciate it.

I thought Saku vs Newton was better but Maia vs Shields was great too.

I thought Saku vs Newton was better but Maia vs Shields was great too.
Me too.

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned either Werdum vs. Gonzaga I (and even 2). That grappling was brain melting enjoyment for me.

I love how Werdum is widely considered the best submission grappler in the UFC if not MMA overall, and yet in neither fight could he NOT get totally DOMINATED by the FAR SUPERIOR submission grappler in Gonzaga.

I guarantee 99.9999999% of Sherdog just read the result of the Jungle Fight contest, and watch the highlight 2nd round KO Werdum put Gonzaga down with and just assume he was also the better grappler.

Watch the damn fight(s) folks. Werdum has NOTHING for Gonzaga on the ground. NOTHING, he simply is NOT in that league grappling!

Me too.

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned either Werdum vs. Gonzaga I (and even 2). That grappling was brain melting enjoyment for me.

I love how Werdum is widely considered the best submission grappler in the UFC if not MMA overall, and yet in neither fight could he NOT get totally DOMINATED by the FAR SUPERIOR submission grappler in Gonzaga.

I guarantee 99.9999999% of Sherdog just read the result of the Jungle Fight contest, and watch the highlight 2nd round KO Werdum put Gonzaga down with and just assume he was also the better grappler.

Watch the damn fight(s) folks. Werdum has NOTHING for Gonzaga on the ground. NOTHING, he simply is NOT in that league grappling!

I don't know what your obsession with Gonzaga is about but his ground game in MMA is spotty, sometimes he looks great and then other times he looks very bad.

Gonzaga is a much better grappler outside of MMA than he is in MMA.

Gonzaga is one of those guys that had much more talent than he actually showed in his fights, it is a shame he never trained with a top camp.

Kimbo vs Houston

For real though Palhares/Belcher was very entertaining and technical. I didn't think Belcher could do that to Palhares.

Back