Is Maia fighting Brown because Woodley just won't take a fight?

McGeezle

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If they were giving Condit a rematch, Maia vs Woodley for the next shot seemed to make too much sense, which UFC matchmakers don't like. Or is Woodley just refusing to fight anyone but the champ? I thought they would've told him he isn't getting the shot if he doesn't fight Maia. Now Maia is fighting Matt Brown all the way in May and if he wins the division will be in turmoil. How would you match everyone up?

I'd like to see him 'fight' Silva again. I don't think
the outcome would be different, but I'd like to
see it.

I would tell Woodley to F off and get in line just like the UFC has done in the past to fighters they have promised a title shot. Nothing personal, but Woodley is maybe the 5th most deserving guy in the division to get a shot at this point.

I'd book Lawler-Thompson while Thompson is hot and just to inject some fresh blood into the title mix.

I would have Woodley fight Maia and Rory fight Condit. Depending on who wins (and how they win), decide which of the two winners gets a title shot next.

Woodley should just fight Hendricks, since he's so caught up with that fight not happening. He's just making himself look lame.

Give woodley the Lombard fight
Magny vs brown
Rory vs condit 2
Maia vs Hendricks or Diaz
Thompson vs lawler

Woodley vs Thompson if they make Lawler vs Condit II.

Woodley is only ranked above Wonderboy and Hendricks because Hendricks couldn't make weight. That's some bullshit T-Wood needs to get back in line and Lawler needs to fight Wonderboy.

He has waited so long thinking he might get a shot,that he has allowed others to jump ahead of him.
Maybe after 189 I would've but not any more.
Thompson and Maia are ahead of him imo.
He needs big win to get ahead of them.

Give woodley Patrick Côte
Winner gets to fight Maia for title shot

If Brown beats Maia he should be ranked above Woodley too. Woodley's biggest win is via injury.

I'd do this:

Lawler/Woodley
Maia/Brown
Lombard/Magny
Thompson/Rory
Hendricks/DHK
Condit/Cote

A lot of these are already booked but my favorite fight of the bunch is Rory/Thompson. I think Rory smashes him but Thompson's so tricky who knows?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back