Is magny vs lombard the worst non stoppage ever?

Alextwopoint0

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Magny had Mount /backmount for almost the whole round and hit him like 70 times in a row

It's definitely up there. He just kept knocking him in and out of consciousness. But at the same time they could've waved it off in the first round and given Lombard the win and it would've been a just stoppage.

ipm_gif.jpg

Probably, yeah. I also remember being shocked at Bader/Perosh and Carwin/Mir.

Then again..

<{JustBleed}>

Magny had Mount /backmount for almost the whole round and hit him like 70 times in a row

Those punches weren't strong. It was a good stoppage.

I pray this New Years MMA fans become smarter about stoppages and stop being so over reactionary.

Carwin Mir and Weidman Munoz were painful (both to watch and be on the end of)

What the hell.. Please tell me that referee was in trouble for that bullshit.
He probably got promoted from a horrible referee to an awful judge

Those punches weren't strong. It was a good stoppage.

I pray this New Years MMA fans become smarter about stoppages and stop being so over reactionary.
Magny landed 142/142 strikes to 9/13 from lombrad in round 2 according to fight metric. How can letting a guy get hit that many times with out stopping it be good?

Magny landed 142/142 strikes to 9/13 from lombrad in round 2 according to fight metric. How can letting a guy get hit that many times with out stopping it be good?

Well a 5 year old can hit me 100 times and it's not gonna do any damage. Not all the strikes are life ending. Hate to break it to you.

Well a 5 year old can hit me 100 times and it's not gonna do any damage. Not all the strikes are life ending. Hate to break it to you.
a stoppage is about intelligently defending yourself not damage. If you get out landed by 131 strikes you're not intelligently defending yourself

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back