Is Machidas move to MW a hint of things to come?

sthpark

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So its pretty common knowledge that Anderson and Machida wouldn't fight each other, so I Machidas move to MW a sign that maybe AS is about ready to hang it up or look for super fights instead of chasing titles and clear the way for Machida to make a run at the MW title?

Also was said that if AS beat Weidman in the rematch the Jacare would move to 205 to chase down the title from Jones. Im interested to see how Weidmans potential title reign could go, rematch with AS, and Machida moving to MW and Jacare becoming a threat, 3 great fights right there.

Absolutely. I have a feeling if he wins the rematch he will retire or have one last hurrah against Jones/GSP

I'd take either one of those super fights, would rather see Silva vs Jones tho I believe. And with the addition of Machida and Jacare, MW got a little more interesting, unless one of them gets the title and they refuse to fight one another

I believe he beats weidman then does a fight with roy jones jr and retires.

If weidman wins i dont see him reigning long,so many guys who can take the belt,Machida,Jacare,Bisping is a bad matchup for him if he can get past his eye problem and then of course Vitor

If weidman wins i dont see him reigning long,so many guys who can take the belt

Weidman train wrecks Machida and Vitor. I've never seen someone thoroughly smash an all time great, to the point where he's basically dribbling his head off the mat like a basketball, get so little credit. I'm not saying he's unbeatable, mind you, but so many of you "fans" think it's a party at middleweight now. Give the dude some credit.

The only things to come are more wins for papa weidman. Anderson, Machida, Rashad, and Jacare will all get a red white and blue shit kickin. Strong fuckin island. One.

The only things to come are more wins for papa weidman. Anderson, Machida, Rashad, and Jacare will all get a red white and blue shit kickin. Strong fuckin island. One.

You're making New Yorkers look really bad right now. Lol

cant wait to see Machida at MW and I doubt he'd go down for anything less than a title

EDIT: Just noticed he's fighting Mu

so I Machidas move to MW a sign that maybe AS is about ready to................look for super fights instead of chasing titles...

I tend to think that was Anderson's plan anyway.

Weidman train wrecks Machida and Vitor.

open-uri20120521-1-58iijs

Weidman train wrecks Machida and Vitor. I've never seen someone thoroughly smash an all time great, to the point where he's basically dribbling his head off the mat like a basketball, get so little credit. I'm not saying he's unbeatable, mind you, but so many of you "fans" think it's a party at middleweight now. Give the dude some credit.

Machida is a stylistically bad matchup for Weidman. Great TDD, great distance control. He could defend the takedown and outstrike Weidman. Machida doesn't need to drop his hands and taunt Weidman to defend takedowns and play mindgames.

He gets credit for beating Anderson but he's not beating machida or vitor

Machida is a stylistically bad matchup for Weidman. Great TDD, great distance control. He could defend the takedown and outstrike Weidman. Machida doesn't need to drop his hands and taunt Weidman to defend takedowns and play mindgames.

very good point. machida is like silva but with good TDD. most of us would agree he can easily hang in the stand up.

Rashad is not American?

I forgot about Rashad moving to MW, that will be quite a gauntlet to run for Weidman. Talk about murderers row, ok hypothetically speaking, if Weidman wins the rematch against Silva and then goes on to defend against Machida, Jacare, Rashad, and say Vitor where would he be at in terms of all time great fighters?

Keep the counter-posts coming. The "Machida Era" consisted of one shaky title defense. With all due respect though, after that first Shogun fight, he...um....he....let's see....washed out of 205 and is dropping to a stacked Middle Weight division? WELCOME TO THE MACHIDA ERA!! Thanks fellas, I've been put in place. Meanwhile Vitor is mainlining TRT to stay competitive...

Would have agreed with this assessment prior to the Phil Davis fight. Now, not so sure.

Back