is lightweight the most exciting division?

snoop dogg***

Baby Heath goon$quad
Reaction score
thinking of all the great moments that came out of the 155 weight class:

the showtime kick
barboza kick
edgar vs maynard trilogy
Lauzon vs Varner
Lauzon vs Dan Miller
Guida vs Sanchez
cerrone vs guillard

stacked with so many great fighters.. its really a division where you cant slouch:

Pettis
Nate Diaz
Benson
Gray Maynard
Eddie Alvarez
Michael Chandler
Joe Lauzon
Jim Miller
Cerrone
Gil Melendez
Frank Edgar
barboza
Varner
even aldo has talked about moving to 155

what do you think? are fights at 155 generally more exciting?

Best division, period. Welterweight and Featherweight are the two next strongest.

Yes, but i think that is do to the skill levels being close in their division, and they tend to go for the finish more while having a large gas tank

it is defiantly the most stacked, but i feel that Lhw and WW are the most exciting.

I like it the most. I use to compete at that weight so I always follow it the most. Now I'm at 170ish though but I still like 155 most

stupid question as very subjective

but i'll say Hell No

Just check the UFC PPV opener with royce/shamrock right upto Silva/Belfort
is there any Lightweights in that opening PPV thing?

Plus check the ufc 100 greatest fights of all time dvd, again not exactly filled with lightweight fights is it......

Currently the most exciting division, yes.

stupid question as very subjective

but i'll say Hell No

Just check the UFC PPV opener with royce/shamrock right upto Silva/Belfort
is there any Lightweights in that opening PPV thing?

Plus check the ufc 100 greatest fights of all time dvd, again not exactly filled with lightweight fights is it......

What do you mean stupid question? Either people think it's the most exciting or they don't. He is asking our opinions, which are always subjective. It's not like anyone is claiming it's a fact.

Also, look where most of the fight night bonuses are coming from. There are 26 fighters with 5 or more combined fight night bonuses. Out of those 26, 14 of them are or were lightweights.

For some reason i like HW div more. But when you just look at the the fighters yes LW is probably the best on paper.

So many great divisions!! but yes LW is one of the best atm.

Back