Is Kyle Lowry a HOFer?

HOF?

• Total voters
Kyle is an excellent player, but not HOF caliber.
IMO, only players that are clearly special at their given position deserve to be in there. Players that dominate throughout their career.
At PG, guys that come to mind are Stockton, Nash, Magic, Kidd, Isaiah. I think Lowry is a level below those guys.

I certainly agree with you that's what the HOF should consist of, but clearly it is not. Let's just stick with the PG position, everyone you mentioned def belongs in the HOF, but then you have guys that I would consider a tier below that are currently in the HOF such as Calvin Murphy, Charlie Scott, and Mo Cheeks. Lowry's resume is clearly better than Murphy's, on par with Scott's, and a bit below Cheeks'.

I think the other thing that is worth mentioning that will clearly help Lowry's HOF chances is the fact that he played in Toronto and won there. The Naismith HOF is in love with international impact and it can't be understated that he was essentially the most consistent face of Canadian professional basketball during their playoff runs.

So long as he doesn't pull a Tim Hardaway or Kevin Johnson, then Lowry should be a shoe in (probably not his first year eligible, but definitely somewhere down the road).

@TheLionTamer
You make some great points...there are players with comparative stats that I dont think should be in the HOF either.
I have no issue with anybody being voted in. Personally, I would only elect ‘special’ players like Magic, Stockton, etc. I think Lowry is one level below those type of guys.
The fact that he played in Canada during his best years, and helped grow the sport there should get serious consideration.
Thinking of that after you mentioned it, makes me think he will probably get in. That's an excellent point, and will likely play a major role.

One of only 6 All-NBA selections 6'0 and under in the 3-Point era:
  • Isaiah Thomas (5'9)
  • Allen Iverson (6'0)
  • Tim Hardaway (6'0)
  • Mark Price (6'0)
  • Kemba Walker (6'0)
  • Kyle Lowry (6'0)

Last edited:
According to this, it's 85.7%:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

To me, he's borderline. I think he needs another championship, or some All NBA selections. He's only been third team once.

I'm of the same mind. When i think Hall of Fame i think of a guy who was top 10-20 in the league regardless of position for like at least 5 seasons (All-NBA/All-NBA Defense). Again, it's the Hall of Fame, not The Hall of Very Good. Lowry is a very good player, but he needs to make something big happen in the bubble to get in the HoF right now, like have a huge run and steer the Raptors into the Finals, maybe win it all.

For comparison, i think Draymond is a Hall of Famer, just barely, while Andre Iguodala gets a Nope from me

He's basically Billups with a lesser resume and Billups is still waiting to get voted in.

His stats say no, but he never was a counting stat player. His intangibles are off the charts. Led the league in charges drawn for 5 straight years, led the league in loose balls recovered for 4/7 years.

1 Championship
1 Olympic gold medal
6 time All Star
1 All NBA

Career stats:
15/4/8

As a Raptor:
19/6/8

I ask this because it's a point of contention among Raptors fans
IDK basektball HOF is weird. He probably gets in, but nah I don't think he deserves to be in there yet

Sure. No doubt. Can you name 3 better defensive point guards every year for 6 years? Numbers don't show it. We all know kyle Lowry is an elite defender.
Chris Paul, Mike Conley, Eric Bledsoe, Jrue Holliday, Russ. Are you serious? lol

He's basically Billups with a lesser resume and Billups is still waiting to get voted in.

LOL thats an insult to Chauncey. Billups was one of the best playoff performers of his era at least for guards he was just below the top tier players. He came up big numerous times for his team. Lowry has been a bum in the playoffs for most of his career and a constant choker with deer in the headlights syndrome. He also couldnt sniff an all star appearance in the West and didnt thrive until he was in a shitty conference. When he finally showed up in the playoffs last year he wasnt even the best or 2nd best player on his team in the playoffs

Only because the NBA HOF has some piss poor standards

He'd never get in by baseball HOF standards

The basketball HOF is easier to get in than others. I think he’s well on his way to getting in.

Slight derail... but man the Raptors local play by play guys are stupid. I'm watching now and a few minutes ago they were talking about seeding for home court advantage. Uh... what? There is no home court.

Seeding matters, of course, for who you play in each round, but that's it.

What the hell are they talking about?

Slight derail... but man the Raptors local play by play guys are stupid. I'm watching now and a few minutes ago they were talking about seeding for home court advantage. Uh... what? There is no home court.

Seeding matters, of course, for who you play in each round, but that's it.

What the hell are they talking about?
Champs

Home court is still a thing bonehead. It's gonna be decorative court and team adjustment

Sorry, your shity Boston fans aren't gonna be able to boo Kemba

Back