Is Jumping Rope good for MMA?

My wrestling team jumped rope when we wrestled. We jumped rope in my boxing club. So mma since it's a mix of both I say definely jump rope.

cardio in any way shape or form is the worst thing you can do for a combat sport

Why would you get shin splints if you are on the balls of your feet. You are much more likely to get shin splints from running especially since a lot of people run landing on their heels. Of course you can get out of breath jumping rope. Ever heard of double unders? They'll get you out of breath and you can sprint whilst jumping rope. If you aren't getting out of breath then you aren't jumping rope fast enough.
I agree, running is much higher impact on your joints, much more likely to cause an injury. Shin splints is the most common injury among new runners. If you are jumping rope correctly, your feet are virtually never more than 2" off the ground... very little impact.

And like you said, if you aren't breathing hard, go faster or do some double unders!!!

I jump roped for years in wright training and never got shinsplints. Only got em from wearing cleets for every day fot months

if you are jumping rope barefoot on a surface with little to no give (hard wood floors/concrete/etc), very possible to get shin splints this way

I start every training session with 10 minutes of skipping. I use a heavy rope like someone mentioned above. It gives me a good idea of where my other students are at cardio-wise as well. If I see someone huffing after 10 minutes of skipping I won't give them the same drills as someone in better shape.

jumproping only works for boxing and has no crossover benefits for MMA. Not only that, but its a gay activity for little girls and you aint no fairy, are you? Just Bleed and flip tires and swing sledgehammers.

Jumping rope isn't meant to wind you, jumping rope is meant to condition your legs for a stand up war.

It builds excellent muscle endurance and makes you light on your feet.

jumproping only works for boxing and has no crossover benefits for MMA. Not only that, but its a gay activity for little girls and you aint no fairy, are you? Just Bleed and flip tires and swing sledgehammers.

Jesus christ....

Back