• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Jordan B Peterson's new website idea an atrocious one or reasonable one?

So it seems that he's not making any such website right now anyway. CBC, once again making the best possible use of our tax dollars, made that whole alarmist story based on a tweet where he floated the idea. Just great. I think a better idea for now might be if Peterson just comes out with some kind of tutorial for people to see what kind of buzzwords are used in these courses so you have an idea what they're really all about. And of course take a look at the reading list. Something like that I think would probably be a better idea than something that can be interpreted as a blacklist.

Btw my woman said that the panel was really good last night. There were no protesters, obviously because it was cold and the event was outside of the downtown core.

So it seems that he's not making any such website right now anyway. CBC, once again making the best possible use of our tax dollars, made that whole alarmist story based on a tweet where he floated the idea. Just great. I think a better idea for now might be if Peterson just comes out with some kind of tutorial for people to see what kind of buzzwords are used in these courses so you have an idea what they're really all about. And of course take a look at the reading list. Something like that I think would probably be a better idea than something that can be interpreted as a blacklist.

Btw my woman said that the panel was really good last night. There were no protesters, obviously because it was cold and the event was outside of the downtown core.

Hah. Curious as to who (or what organization) was monitoring his Twitter and felt the need to 'raise the alarm' on CBC

I remember him floating the idea of such a website quite awhile ago in some talk he did in the context of ideas of how to go about pushing back against the encroachment of the ideology into the school system.

Last edited:
Hah. Curious as to who (or what organization) was monitoring his Twitter and felt the need to 'raise the alarm' on CBC

I remember him floating the idea of such a website quite awhile ago in some talk he did in the context of ideas of how to go about pushing back against the encroachment of the ideology into the school system.

Someone at U of T maybe. Check out the website of their campus newspaper, the Varsity. They put out several hit pieces on Peterson a week it seems.

https://thevarsity.ca/section/news/

Of course, now that CBC has so much more of OUR hard-earned money thanks to Justin, maybe they have an employee who watches his twitter feed full-time, and another one for Trump, and so on. Hey, why not? It's not like the Canadian taxpayer will run out of money.

He's not being honest, that's my point. If someone says yes, they are a christian. Cool. If you then ask them if they believe, because they are a christian, if Jesus rose from the dead, and they pull a philosophical evasion, I dont trust them. It screams Deepak...Deepak....Deeeeeeeppaaaaakkkkk.........

Peterson said he doesn't like answering those questions because people like you will automatically use the answer to try to place him in a box and dismiss him out of hand. That's really all you're looking for, a personal flaw that you can use to dismiss him as a person instead of having to address his arguments about social justice. You guys don't even care about a debate of ideas, you don't even know what Peterson talks about, you just don't like him.

Peterson said he doesn't like answering those questions because people like you will automatically use the answer to try to place him in a box and dismiss him out of hand. That's really all you're looking for, a personal flaw that you can use to dismiss him as a person instead of having to address his arguments about social justice. You guys don't even care about a debate of ideas, you don't even know what Peterson talks about, you just don't like him.

You can pin anyone in a box over any stance they take. That is a bitchy copout. Refusing to qualify your statements is not a sign of a good argument, it is a gaping hole. You cant have rational discussion or debate with someone who refuses to show their position.

He has been pretty clear that he doesn't take the stories of the Bible as being historically accurate, if that's what you are trying to get at.

If one says they are a christian, then refuses to state if they believe Jesus rose from the dead, while not even stating what would convince them of it being true or false, that is a copout, a dodge.

Very eloquent lie ^^^

He qualifies every statement he makes more eloquently then the false statement above.

Do you believe in Jesus, Jordan? Do you believe he rose from the dead?

"Rapid patter of rationalization, with no elucidation of position."

If one says they are a christian, then refuses to state if they believe Jesus rose from the dead, while not even stating what would convince them of it being true or false, that is a copout, a dodge.

Do you believe in Jesus, Jordan? Do you believe he rose from the dead?

"Rapid patter of rationalization, with no elucidation of position."

His response to the question regarding his belief in the resurrection is hardly a "rapid patter of rationalization."

woo woo, woo woo, woo woo.

ric-flair-excessive-woooo.gif

Some people just want an overly simplified comic book like idea that they can shoot at.

If it offers students a way to avoid the postmodernist/NeoMarxist stuff that is being pushed in from above then fair play. Naturally that would ruffle some feathers but it can give people a choice to get a more honest education.

This.

At this point I'll hold back from reading further in this thread. My jimmies are too near the surface as of late.

His response to the question regarding his belief in the resurrection is hardly a "rapid patter of rationalization."

Well to be fair he does say in that video that his thoughts aren't organized and that he himself is not entirely sure of what he thinks. I rather like that and I think it leads him to explore unorthodox ideas concerning religion but I suppose I could see how such answers might frustrate someone.

Well to be fair he does say in that video that his thoughts aren't organized and that he himself is not entirely sure of what he thinks. I rather like that and I think it leads him to explore unorthodox ideas concerning religion but I suppose I could see how such answers might frustrate someone.

It only seems to frustrate people looking desperately to pigeonhole him based on some simplistic and mindless gotcha type of thing.

If he was truly intellectually honest he would simply answer about the resurrection: "That is still an open question for me... But I don't think that disqualifies me from identifying as a Christian."

But Peterson knows that if he was this honest, 99% of his Christian audience would immediately write him off as a non-Christian heretic and refuse to embrace him in the way they currently do.

It is Peterson's intellectual cowardice - while trading on the idea that he is the bravest of intellectual heroes - that I find the most damnable aspect of the man.

If he was truly intellectually honest he would simple answer about the resurrection: "That is still an open question for me... But I don't think that disqualifies me from identifying as a Christian."

But Peterson knows that if he was this honest, 99% of his Christian audience would immediately write him off as a non-Christian heretic and refuse to embrace him in the way they currently do.

It is Peterson's intellectual cowardice - while trading on the idea that he is the bravest of intellectual heroes - that I find the most damnable aspect of the man.

I share some of the frustrations wrt his vagueness about Christianity, but as a Christian, personally, if he was an atheist it wouldn't affect my perception of him because I don't primarily read him for his religious views.

I also don't think it's fair to characterize him as a coward given that he put his job on the line, being one of the few people to object to the far left in academia, etc. Sure, it turned out very well for him, but he didn't know that at the time he stepped out.

Obviously not everyone has to like and/or agree with him, but to dismiss him entirely for one perceived flaw seems unreasonable to me.

Society and politics and the problems and aspects within them are very complex and multi-factored, always.

Except for the globalist cabal underlying everything and pulling the strings... lol

Back