Is jon Jones the most polarizing Mma champion?

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
With all the jones news lately it made me think of this. Has there EVER been a champ more clouded in controversy than jones? Is he the most polarizing figure we've ever seen?

not for me. now he's just a fraud like I always said he was.

No. He's just the most hated. He's not really polarising at all.

He's up there. Dude gets major hate, but often times he is his own worst enemy.

tito might have been if there was as much media outlets

It's like he tries so hard and people still don't care.

You sorta need identity to be polarizing because people can relate for or against you

I would have to say he's more of a tumbleweed :icon_cry2

Tumbleweed.gif

If he wasn't he'll be considered "boring" and have "no personality".

Should have an "*" next to the win over DC

I actually like Jones a lot more now. I used to dislike him but now that he's embraced his inner cocky douche it makes him way more interesting. I love to see greatness go to people's heads.

No. He's just the most hated. He's not really polarising at all.

Agreed. When I think of "polarizing," I think of someone who has legions of supporters and legions of haters. I don't get the impression that Jones has legions of supporters. To me, people like Lyoto or Ronda are more polarizing.

Not trying to hate on Jon boy but I think he inspires more hate than love, people just don't take to him the way they do to the ALi's of the world.

Someone like Nick Diaz is polarizing

Jon Jones it's hard to even hate him because you have to know what it is you're actually hating. And Jon Jones doesn't have an identity. Is he goodie-two-shoes or bad boy? You don't know.

A tumble weed would be the perfect description of him I think

No. Polarizing would imply people love him.

Everyone hates him, besides like 3 trolls with 20 alt accounts each. And those are his brother/mom.

With all the jones news lately it made me think of this. Has there EVER been a champ more clouded in controversy than jones? Is he the most polarizing figure we've ever seen?

He is the Tyson of UFC or mma so to speak.Youngest to win the belt in a devastating,undefeated fashion and continued to hold the belt.

I actually think he now is.

He is the Tyson of UFC or mma so to speak.Youngest to win the belt in a devastating,undefeated fashion and continued to hold the belt.

Jones is ranked much higher in MMA then Tyson is in Boxing

Tyson was heaps more scary though, I'd rather fight anyone then have to stare that guy blank in the face.

Back