Is Jacare's UFC run really any good?

His initial run was good and he should've gotten a title shot at some point. Post whittaker he is not as impressive--unfortunately a big portion of his prime was wasted.

The only fight he clearly lost was to Whitaker. Gastellum and Romero fights were 50/50 imo

What are you talking about? Weidman looked sharp in that fight.

Yeah sure, I never said he looked bad. I said he's been on a slump, which he has, be I said his best days are past him, which they are. Hasn't Wideman been knocked out in 4 of his last 5 fights? I don't think 'looking sharp' makes up for that.

Jacare is in a similar boat, still very good, still high level but certainly in the decline and nearing the end of their careers. Wideman is never getting to the title again, unless he fills in last minuet for someone dropping out, and if Jacare loses his next fight it will be the same for him

Jacare has 1 loss - vs the champion who hasn't lost to anyone in the division.
The two "losses" vs Gastelum and Romero were virtual draws that were decided by 1 judge. He is just as good as either of them, do you think Gastelum and Romero aren't good?

The only fight he clearly lost was to Whitaker. Gastellum and Romero fights were 50/50 imo

Yeah sure, I never said he looked bad. I said he's been on a slump, which he has, be I said his best days are past him, which they are. Hasn't Wideman been knocked out in 4 of his last 5 fights? I don't think 'looking sharp' makes up for that.
Hadn't Weidman just finished Gastelum just before losing to Jacare?

The way he beat Okami and Mousasi alone should have got him a tittle shot back in the day.
Recently KOing Brunson and Weidman should get him the shot as well.

So losing to the top-3 guys in your division (2/3 were very close) means you're overrated and not great. <45>

IMO Jacare is in a similar situation to John Lineker where a LOT of people pull-out against them so they end up fighting low-ranking replacements and never gaining momentum.
Good but not great, some would even say gate keeper if it wasnt jacare being discussed

Hes good and a tough fight for anyone so theres that. Yoel and gas fight were really close and considering hes a legit bjj guy who worked on his hands all these years, shows hes a legend and strives to be the best. I wouldnt put him gatekeeper just yet

Jacare is in a similar boat, still very good, still high level but certainly in the decline and nearing the end of their careers. Wideman is never getting to the title again, unless he fills in last minuet for someone dropping out, and if Jacare loses his next fight it will be the same for him

See, that last part is what I disagree with. Weidman came into that Souza fight improved. He didn't win but why should we extrapolate that he can't win? If he keeps making improvements, I could definitely see him earning better victories than he did in the past and going down in history as a better fighter than he's considered now.

You, sir, are a true imbecile.

My mistake, I didn't realise a win over Brunson cemented you as top level.. When Izzy beat Brunson and knocked him out everyone said Brunson is nothing and that win doesn't mean shit... Truth is Wideman has been getting fucked up on the regular lately, and he was beating Jacare for two rounds str8ght before he got caught. I understand the level of talent is high at middle weight, but it's also full of aging and slowing talents. Jacare, Yoel, Wideman, Silva will all drop off significantly sooner rather than later.

Yes, pretty good.
But I don't think he deserves a shot at the belt, he already got stopped by the current champ,

Back