• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Izzy a boring fighter ?

Very much so. There is only ONE Anderson Silva.

that was a boring af sparring session

You have to be a boring fighter sometimes if you want to keep a belt long term. The more risks you take the more you’ll finish guys, but also put yourself at risk. Some style matchups require a safe/boring approach to edge out a decision rather than risk being KOed.

I don’t know why people don’t get this.. You can’t go all-in like Jiri and stay unbeaten for too long at a high level. As others mentioned remember when Izzy decided to stand and trade with Gastelum? He got taken to his limit and almost got TKOed.

He is boring almost always. Meh.

Well all of the wrestling holding by his opponent did not help.

Izzy went straight Jon Jones in his later years at LHW. Just boring point fighting. Both guys were killers early on, then became cautious and boring.

Eh. There's a ton if tape on him now, and he doesn't do any more than he has to to win. That can combine to make for some rough fights to watch. When he needs to create separation, he still pieces people up.

Yes. Every time he fights we lose. He hand pics terrible matchups for himself.

I think so. I appreciate his level of polish in what he does, but his fights are very monotonous and predictable since he fights very risk-free. I understand he doesn't commit to more than he needs to, and his technique is impressive. But viscerally he fails to generate moments of intensity, unpredictability, violence.

He's exciting when he wants to be, emphasis on WANTS.

He's a Champion fighting at the highest level determined to keep his belt. He's not gonna take risks if he doesn't have to against someone whose skills aren't equal to his.

Safe than Sorry.
Yeah of course. So he just rarely wants to be exciting, and he's boring on his own terms

If he was a bald Canadian, people wouldn't be whining so much.

If he can beat you from range,he will just pot shot.

That being said,he has had some great fights too.

Cannonier just didnt have much for him,and its awesome to watch Izzy move.

He is now. Like i've been saying for a while. He fights not to lose now. Like I get it. But shit gets annoying when he claims he wants to do something special and show off, and we get another classic Jab, feint, leg kick performance.

Getting harder to deny. Personally I enjoy his striking but together with Sterling he is probably the most boring male champ which is ironic since he's the biggest star. Pretty obvious he's taking the Mayweather approach.

Didn't really look forward to either title fight. Pereira vs Strickland was the main event for me.

He is counter striker and the division has taken noticed of it so they no longer rush in like Brunson or Robert, with his reach when you don't give him a chance to counter you he just peppers you with jabs and leg kicks.

Back