is it

lilevil1

White Belt
Reaction score
tai chi is the only ma i can take right now. i really like it and am wondering if its gunna have any benifit when i do mma over the summer. even if its not much will it at all help. i work out 5 days a week to get me ready for mma on top of tai chi. and plzz if u don't have a dignified answer don't aswer at all. thank u:D:D:D:D

are you telling me that there are no boxing/juod/kickboxing gyms in your area?

lol no see my parents both work nights and thats the time when boxing/kick/judo/ect are at. tai chi is in the morning and untill they switch shifts in the summer thats all i can do. plus i really like it!:redface:

I suppose it would help you with mental concentration and breathing habbits.

I can think of breathing habbits. As soon as I saw your thread though it reminded me of my friend.

He was training since very young, Muay Thai all the way then at around age 16 he gave up MT and started Tai Chi. I was like wtf :S

He seemed to like it, I doubt it will have any real effect on your MMA but like has been stated your breathing habbits may benefit and also u might gain confidence!

how old are you? im not reli sure what tai chi is, but u should really be doing somthing with a little more contact

the push hands drill is great for developing sensitivity. This will help you when you tie up with an opponent in MMA.

Tai Chi also teaches great rooting skills, based around relaxation and structure. These make it difficult to get you to the ground.

The most important thing is that you like Tai Chi. It's a fantastic martial art that has many benefits. And if you're having fun doing it, then don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Back