Is it time for Diego to think about giving it up?

cambo78

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Granted, Diego isn't remotely a Mensa Card candidate but after listening to his post fight interview, he sounded more "punch drunk" than normal. Yes, he JUST finished fighting but how much more damage can he take with his type of "berserker" style without sustaining permanent damage? What say you?

For his health's sake maybe...as a fight fan no way his fights are awesome

No, he's still got plenty fights in him and the entertainment is never ending.

However, he'll never be a champion.

Yeah his technical doesn't look as sharp as younger Sanchez but damn he almost won that with crazy man will!

Dude. Can't we bask in the greatness of that fight first. Ask me tomorrow...

Man Sanchez needs money. Honestly he knows the way he fights is dangerous but it's all he can do.

He isn't fast.
Doesn't have knockout power
Isn't strong

OP needs to give up starting threads.

What are you expecting after than? The most epic post fight speech in the history of the sport?

he is probably at the peak of his fame in the ufc now that its bigger than ever. I think he has a shot at making big money in 2-3 fights before he should retire. he didnt sound too great in the interview i agree. Im sure he spars like an animal too.

He sure takes a lot of punishment in his fights, but he could have had some kind of swelling in his mouth that made him speak like that.

Hell of a fight!!

Granted, Diego isn't remotely a Mensa Card candidate but after listening to his post fight interview, he sounded more "punch drunk" than normal. Yes, he JUST finished fighting but how much more damage can he take with his type of "berserker" style without sustaining permanent damage? What say you?

he sounded severely concussed. he took huge damage in that fight, as he usually does.

it's too early to call but he could easily end up down the gary goodridge path

the ufc needs to look after his health

having said that, the fight was amazing.

Yes. He's come this far though I don't know if he'll go out but "on his shield." Unfortunately. He's been in way too many of these wars. And yes he has to be partly brain-damaged. Not all of that garble is just Diego-talk.

Let me see,im in my couch trying to decide an mma fighter carreer,i guess i dont now. Diego have a family and a world class camp,but who nows? a guy in his couch,who saw a great fight and his instinct its to tell a fighter to hang em up?

Diego has a great chin and decent power, but damn the guy will never be champion. He's lucky Gil didn't try any head kicks.

Dude. Can't we bask in the greatness of that fight first. Ask me tomorrow...

Man Sanchez needs money. Honestly he knows the way he fights is dangerous but it's all he can do.

He isn't fast.
Doesn't have knockout power
Isn't strong

OP needs to give up starting threads.

What are you expecting after than? The most epic post fight speech in the history of the sport?

These are all correct.

Back