Is it safe to say that GSP is never coming back after what happened last night?WW is on a new Level!

Leroy Jenkins

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tumblr_ob6ux2Qhnu1u2ragso1_500.gif
original

8b5evq0.gif
$

The guy who he had been dodging this whole time just got destroyed by Tyron....A guy GSP can't take down or stand with.

Tyron is 10x worst of a matchup for GSP than hendricks was....He hits 50x harder than Matt Serra. This is literally his worst match up ever.

THOMPSON_STEPHEN_AD.png

3CwdvpPYKDLEI.gif

The alternative in WW, is also a pretty hard match up for GSP. He already destroyed the guy who gave GSP a very hard time in the stand up and beat GSP regardless of what judges said.

Hell Hendricks is a gate keeper now....The WW division is simply too advanced for GSP now.

I honestly don't see GSP ever coming back after last night....Sure there is always bisping but if Hendo KO's bisping again and retires....GSP ain't ever coming back.

All GSP has to do is run away for 30 seconds and Woodley will collapse like Rolles Gracie.

I like GSP's chances against Woodley.

Wonderboy's a different animal altogether!

I don't know about now but prime st Pierre eat woodley and wonderboy for dinner

I still pick GSP over everyone at WW except Condit.

I'm delusional.

lawler was an easy fight for gsp

the guy arguably loses every fight and has been protected from grapplers

(hes still extremely exciting, tough and durable) but its true

GSP 50-45 over every WW named in this thread so far

lawler was an easy fight for gsp

the guy arguably loses every fight and has been protected from grapplers

(hes still extremely exciting, tough and durable) but its true

How was he protected from grapplers, outside Maia who is the best grappler he didn't fight? McDonald, Woodley and Hendricks are all great grapplers. The division just happens to be full of elite grapplers who use their wrestling to strike.

Did you guys not watch Woodley vs Rory? Woodley struggles to get inside a good jab and GSP has one of the best jabs in the business.

50-45.

Naw GSP was scared of Lawler, especially evident when he was at 196 and wanted to fight Conor when he won, but he didn't, so the alternative was to say "I'm Back for the WW title!!!"

But NOPE, he didn't want to fuck with no Robbie, so he tucked his shit in and ran away back to CanadaLand.

Did you guys not watch Woodley vs Rory? Woodley struggles to get inside a good jab and GSP has one of the best jabs in the business.

50-45.

Well Rory has more range. But I agree. Rory had Twood figured out from the start.

I "liked" the TS' post because the choice of gifs cracked me up.

TS, did you see the Woodley vs Rory fight? Come on son.

I think the division and sport is passing GSP by. We saw the beginnings of that in the Hendricks fight. The sport is evolving so fast it's only a matter of time. Plus he's not getting any younger.

I think the division and sport is passing GSP by. We saw the beginnings of that in the Hendricks fight. The sport is evolving so fast it's only a matter of time. Plus he's not getting any younger.

Hendricks is a tough match up for GSP at any time. Most of GSP's success comes from the threat of the TD, or the TD itself. Hendricks is one of the best wrestlers to ever enter MMA, and he's pure defense in MMA. That fight was a shock for everyone who is used to watching GSP be GSP.

Carlos Condit should have been defending his belt last night. Saying "WW division has passed GSP by" is a stretch imo.

I don't know about now but prime st Pierre eat woodley and wonderboy for dinner
Cool useless fact Prime and Pre-USADA start with same letter.

All GSP has to do is run away for 30 seconds and Woodley will collapse like Rolles Gracie.
Who wants a champ that runs away

Speaking of collapsing, got a hearty laugh from Rivera falling to his knees with 4:40 left in the round.

Hendricks is a tough match up for GSP at any time. Most of GSP's success comes from the threat of the TD, or the TD itself. Hendricks is one of the best wrestlers to ever enter MMA, and he's pure defense in MMA. That fight was a shock for everyone who is used to watching GSP be GSP.

Carlos Condit should have been defending his belt last night. Saying "WW division has passed GSP by" is a stretch imo.

It's hasn't completely passed him by, but it is in the process. He can still compete no doubt but I don't think he would be the dominate champ he used to be anymore 50-45ing everybody.

I don't think GSP would struggle with Woodley. Even Shields and Marquardt beat him.

Unless he has slowed down a lot. If he's anywhere near as fast as he was, Woodley will be easier to deal with than pre USADA Hendricks, who was a beast.

The only guy who looks to be taking the division to the next level is Thompson. The rest have been around forever and are just looking good in the absence of a dominant champion.

It's hasn't completely passed him by, but it is in the process. He can still compete no doubt but I don't think he would be the dominate champ he used to be anymore 50-45ing everybody.

Probably true.

They're catching up. :p

Back