Is it possible to cook a steak in an oven that actually tastes good?

Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
508a31478921c8852be00c608c242bc05f1e2a2d.jpg

I know grilling is better, but is cooking a steak in a conventional oven any good? The lazy person in me wants to just throw it in the oven instead of pan searing or grilling because it’s less time consuming.

Depends on the oven also..but in general, yes..

At least have the decency to sear it off first.
Also, it depends on which cut of meat. I sometimes do but I always start it in the pan.

But you do have to take them by suprise, and no touching the udders.
¨
if not for the no, you make it sound so... sexual...

Reverse sear in the oven, yes. Slow bake at 250 until about 5 degrees below internal target temp. Remove from oven. Turn oven on broil, broil 30 seconds per side to brown, done.

Searing first doesn't "lock in juices" either.

Go get a sous vide. A monkey could make a great steak with that. It literally is impossible to overcook the meat with it.

Reverse sear in the oven, yes. Slow bake at 250 until about 5 degrees below internal target temp. Remove from oven. Turn oven on broil, broil 30 seconds per side to brown, done.

Searing first doesn't "lock in juices" either.

"Searing meat is an essential step if you want to make the most flavorful roasts, steaks, chops, and more. When you sear meat, you caramelize the natural sugars in the meat and brown the proteins, forming a rich brown crust on the surface of the meat that amplifies the savory flavor of the finished dish"

in the end it's all good.

Food nerd

Back