Is it possible to cheat on your girl Ethically?

Depending on how reasonable the reasons/circumstances for "denying you sex" are, you wouldn't need to cheat if you simply broke it off.

Every body has their own unique script for the same story.

But yeah, I agree

I think all three quoted posts intentionally went unaddressed. But hey, that's cool.

I'm thinking he cheated on her and either confessed or she found out, they had some big fight about it, but were able to manage to stay in the relationship. He can assert how much he loves his wife all he wants, but he still did a deviant act that more than likely hurt her, unless she complied to his desire to sleep with another woman beforehand. Even in that scenario, it probably didn't feel too good for her, considering he tells how they used to have threeways but stopped because it seemed his wife didn't like it.

Many women stay in abusive relationships way longer than they should, all the while the men claim they love them even as they slap them around and tear them down verbally. Now, I know that the TS didn't physically abuse her, but sleeping around on your wife is a form of abuse and damaging in its own respective way. You can try to justify it all you want and say how much you love your wife all you want, but it's still shitty and something you shouldn't do.

If your wife isn't ok with you fucking other women, with or without her knowledge, then yeah it's cheating and can't be "ethically cheating". Philosophically speaking.

I agree. Even if she's saying it's okay for you to sleep with other people, but it's obvious that she doesn't like it and only agreeing because she's just trying to make the relationship work, that's still "cheating" for lack of a better word. It's still a damaging and abusive relationship.

Hey, that's how I feel about it. I don't exactly know the TS's situation because he wouldn't answer my question, but I'm not all that concerned about an internet stranger's life. I really have nothing left to say on the matter.

I'm thinking he cheated on her and either confessed or she found out, they had some big fight about it, but were able to manage to stay in the relationship. He can assert how much he loves his wife all he wants, but he still did a deviant act that more than likely hurt her, unless she complied to his desire to sleep with another woman beforehand. Even in that scenario, it probably didn't feel too good for her, considering he tells how they used to have threeways but stopped because it seemed his wife didn't like it.

Many women stay in abusive relationships way longer than they should, all the while the men claim they love them even as they slap them around and tear them down verbally. Now, I know that the TS didn't physically abuse her, but sleeping around on your wife is a form of abuse and damaging in its own respective way. You can try to justify it all you want and say how much you love your wife all you want, but it's still shitty and something you shouldn't do.

I agree. Even if she's saying it's okay for you to sleep with other people, but it's obvious that she doesn't like it and only agreeing because she's just trying to make the relationship work, that's still "cheating" for lack of a better word. It's still a damaging and abusive relationship.

Hey, that's how I feel about it. I don't exactly know the TS's situation because he wouldn't answer my question, but I'm not all that concerned about an internet stranger's life. I really have nothing left to say on the matter.

Well said. Just because a woman says she's fine with something, it almost never means it's fine unless she's all into something like that, which in this case I guess not.

You got desire, but if you cheat you will feel bad, and if she finds out you will be the bad guy.

So is it possible to do something like in return for your girl so you wouldn't feel that bad about it and if she finds out it wouldn't look that bad either?

So what is the ethics of cheating?

Edit: let me rephrase cheating to "having sex with another person"
Love how people are always trying to justify their dirty deeds...

The devil loves twisting things for us in order to make them seem right.

Love how people are always trying to justify their dirty deeds...

The devil loves twisting things for us in order to make them seem right.

I've seen you post some pretty questionable things that Jesus would not approve of, no?

You got desire, but if you cheat you will feel bad, and if she finds out you will be the bad guy.

So is it possible to do something like in return for your girl so you wouldn't feel that bad about it and if she finds out it wouldn't look that bad either?

Just take up a new value system where being a piece of shit is actually a good thing.

No, you did not. Here's a look at our conversation:

You say this.
...But i have been with other women and she knows this...

This is where I ask the question.
So, you did cheat on her and she found out/you told her, or you had her consent to have sex with other women?

You give a vague answer, whether it was intentional or not.

I respond with this.
I asked an either-or question. Which one?

You quote me with others to show me this diatribe that completely avoids the answer to my question.
All jokes aside. Let me just say this, our relationship is very good, my wife is very happy and i do love her fanatically specially since she is willing to put up with my BS. She loves me just the way i am, both good and bad. In return i make her happy in any way i can, and i always put her needs above mine. Relationships is about compromises, and we got a really good balance going.

Around us we see couples splitting up, marriages going to hell etc. Yet after like 10 years +/- we are still together, still going strong, and in fact we are trying to have a baby right now. I think at this point our relationship is basically bulletproof, and we gonna be together Till Death Do Us Part.

One last thing, i wanted more philosophical approach in this thread, yet for some reason thread "went" personal. Anyway i dont really need any relationship advice (i say this with respect :)), after 10 +/- years of happy relationship no matter what, i am really convince that we are doing something right no matter what other people think.

I rest my case.

As you can see by our conversation, you did not.

Just my opinion but if you have the desire to cheat your not with the right girl.

I've seen you post some pretty questionable things that Jesus would not approve of, no?
Quote me, son! Quote me! For I am not above rebuke!

FynBoSF.0.gif

You alone, or you two with another girl? Those are two very different things.

Threesomes included, but i travel a lot so this is where everything can happen (it did not thought), its more of a insurance for our relationship not a free pass.

Although the premise of the question is flawed from the start, about the only way one could do this "ethically" is to cheat with someone who has just as much to lose as you by confessing, keep it strictly for sex and tell no one. Out of sight/what they dont know and what not.

Good luck with that though.

If she expects monogamy and she finds out you slept with someone else, she's going to feel bad. No way around that.

So, either don't get caught or don't promise monogamy...one is easier than the other.

Ethically? If she's already cheated then you might be able to play the revenge card. She'll still feel bad but you might be able to take away the moral high ground in the argument that follows.

Back