Is it possible to be too confident?

I'mma tell you the same thing I told the pacifist guy... everything in moderation.

If you overdo it you're gonna eventually seem like you're overcompensating for something. Or you'll start seeming like the annoying narcissistic guy.

Of course with women being too confident is better than the opposite, but neither extreme is good.

Baltimore-Ravens-logo.png

What typically seems to be talked up as "confident behaviour" comes across as a sign of an insecure narcissist to me.

Being confident, or too confident, can be intimidating to people with generally less confidence, men or women.

But people being intimidated by it doesn't automatically mean you are too confident.

Outwardly, yes. Looks like your compensating for something.

Confidence isn't a stand-alone trait. It is the sum total of your character, skills and life experiences mixed with the (for most people) ever-fluctuating where-you're-presently-at emotionally and in your self-image.

If all those things ^^ don't add up to something of substance, confidence is useless.
And if it does add up to something of substance, confidence is superfluous. The fruits of your being are there, regardless.

Confidence is overrated imo, and only the very young and impressionable give it any credence in the evaluation of one's own or another person's character or abilities.

Life will find a way to humble you. And how you deal with that humbling is the true test of your essence. If you have cruised along on puffed-up "confidence" any blow is devastating. Such is the paradox of narcissism - the amount of 'confidence' you need to feel good about yourself is a fairly accurate measure of how weak you really are.

Just do your best and be sincere, imo. Your reckoning can come any moment.

Confidence is having your house in order, a sense of inner-calmness, knowing that you are on top of everything in your life. It is being quiet, well-rested, calm and ready. A result of making good decisions in your life and having a strong self-esteem. You are socially calibrated and are the best version of yourself for the situation.

Unfortunately, a lot of people think confidence is acting like a goofball at parties/events. I have always found that the "dancing monkey" routine may get you reactions and laughs ... but it doesn't get your d**k sucked.

Confidence is having your house in order, a sense of inner-calmness, knowing that you are on top of everything in your life. It is being quiet, well-rested, calm and ready. A result of making good decisions in your life and having a strong self-esteem. You are socially calibrated and are the best version of yourself for the situation.

Unfortunately, a lot of people think confidence is acting like a goofball at parties/events. I have always found that the "dancing monkey" routine may get you reactions and laughs ... but it doesn't get your d**k sucked.

Parklife!

They say that the number one trait that women love in a man is confidence.

However, is it possible to be so confident, that you intimidate women that like you and end up scaring them off?
of course it is, I've heard so many women say about several over confident guys, ''If he was chocolate, he'd eat himself'' obviously I never heard any murican woman say this, because who the fuck would eat that shit they try and pass off as chocolate.....<28>

Here's the thing. You can't "act" confident. You either have that quality or you don't, and people can generally smell fraudulent confidence in a person. Confidence is something you have without trying to express it. Any confidence you try to express on purpose will generally come off as arrogance. You gain real confidence through experience and training.

Sad as it is to say, a lot of it comes down to your looks or other outstanding traits, and what the situation is and how valuable your traits are perceived for the institution were talking about. If you look like a 5'10" Boise 6 and act like you're Brad Pitt, the peasants will rebel against you because sad as it is, on average, human nature is more like crabs in a bucket than a wolf pack. People are very focused on equality, with a certain amount of leeway for those with outstanding traits to the institution being discussed, which might be looks for a sales person at your job, might be storytelling for a salesperson, might be a nice car for a group of high schoolers in a small town, etc.

Could be you're a scary looking dude with some shady friends and a military background.

Really depends on the situation. Context is so easily forgotten.

Back