Is it ok to still workout with Ringworm

It's best to stay away from training until it's gone. Hope you get well soon!

try to get quadridem best cream evar put it on 4-6 times a day and it will be gone in no more than a week...second best is lamasil

as long as you are not doing anything that could transmit it to someone else

/thread

it's better not to but if you are able to tape it up nice without the tape falling off then it is safe.

TBH in order to transfer it you would need to rub that area against someone else pretty good but someone just touching it is not going to get it.

Just tape it up and go train!

it's better not to but if you are able to tape it up nice without the tape falling off then it is safe.

TBH in order to transfer it you would need to rub that area against someone else pretty good but someone just touching it is not going to get it.

tape doesn't form a watertight barrier. the spores will still seep out.

TS - stay home.

Wow some of you completely miss the OP's point and jump to the wrong conclusions. Yes, the guy has ringworm and no he shouldn't roll, but thats NOT what he's asking. He's asking if he can still work out while he has ringworm. You can, but I'd avoid public gyms, and be careful when handling your sweaty cloths. It won't spread if you go for a jog through the park.

Ringworms are not exactly contagious per se but it'd be best if you stay away from training with others.

someone i trained with did this once and i about slapped him when he told me what was under the bandage.

Wow some of you completely miss the OP's point and jump to the wrong conclusions. Yes, the guy has ringworm and no he shouldn't roll, but thats NOT what he's asking. He's asking if he can still work out while he has ringworm. You can, but I'd avoid public gyms, and be careful when handling your sweaty cloths. It won't spread if you go for a jog through the park.

'round these parts, 'work out' and 'train' are synonymous with 'being in the gym'

and, alright, let's assume he's doing something else? obviously running outside isn't gonna spread ringworm anywhere it isn't.

lifting weights? that's pretty gross too. most people get it on their arm somewhere, arms sweat, sweat drips towards gravity, so it'd get all over the weights and benches and shit.

so yeah, like everybody and their mother just said, put some lamasil on that shit and stay away from activity where you're rubbing up against people, or things people rub up against.

'round these parts, 'work out' and 'train' are synonymous with 'being in the gym'

and, alright, let's assume he's doing something else? obviously running outside isn't gonna spread ringworm anywhere it isn't.

lifting weights? that's pretty gross too. most people get it on their arm somewhere, arms sweat, sweat drips towards gravity, so it'd get all over the weights and benches and shit.

so yeah, like everybody and their mother just said, put some lamasil on that shit and stay away from activity where you're rubbing up against people, or things people rub up against.

maybe he wasn't sure if he could workout because he thought strenuous exercise might tax his immune system and allow the fungus to spread more or something.

facepalm.jpg

i would be pissed if i rolled with some guy who knew he had ringworm

even more pissed if I caught it

I know I'm reviving a dead-ish thread (sorry), but I want to vent. Please please do not train with ringworm. A little over a week ago I noticed a red spot on a training partner's arm, but thought nothing of it, because he seemed like a good guy, and why would a good guy come to the gym with ringworm. Fast forward a few days, someone tells him he has ringworm. He plays innocent (but I have my doubts). That night, I notice an eczema-like patch on my leg. Fuck. Now I have ringworm. Looks like I won't be training for a bit.

I'd just wait till it's all cured dude.

Back