Is it just me or did Connor look great in the 1st?

Way too much head hunting on the left hand.. He winged 2 of them just before he ate those big leg kicks, leading to the finish.. Get back to versatility and setting things up..

Way too much. I was shocked how bad Conor missed on those strikes, he's never that far off. He should have kicked more, the leg kicks he landed did with big impact.

I don't get where all the "he looked slow," and "he looked old," comments are coming from. I rewatched the fight and saw what I thought I saw the first time, which was that Connors hands looked fast and sharp and way better than Dustin's in the first round.

In the second round he started to look slower and his movement decreased dramatically and he stood right infront of dustin but I assume that had a lot to do with the calf kicks.

When he was fresh in the first he didn't look like he had declined physically at all.
He looked the same as usual and barely won the first round, Dustin just fought smart and his activity paid off.

He clearly won the round and landed some heavy shots, but the writing was already kinda on the wall, I had a feeling the way he was fighting was gonna get him caught.

He looked good in the first but there were some minor mishaps in the grappling exchanges. He should have tried to break instead of going for those shoulder strikes, but they worked before on Cerrone so I see why he may have stuck with it. Ultimately this took away gas.

Also I was surprised that Conor didn’t control the range as well as he usually does.
It seems like Conor was fishing for the counter so much that he was getting countered looking for the counter by Dustins right hook. Worst of all for Conor when he did finally land the left clean, Dustin knew he could handle it.

Ironically Conor’s jab/straight was coming faster than Dustin but Dustins slips and counters were neutralizing Conor. The counter puncher was getting countered because Conor was overextending. Once the damage from those leg kicks added up, it was a wrap.

I don’t think Conor looked terrible, he was stinging Dustin with strikes but Dustin was just better. There was no giant crowd for Conor to draw from or Dustin to feel overwhelmed by so skill for skill, Dustin took it.

Last edited:
Take it easy...it’s ok if you are broke...just don’t go boasting about it.

{<jordan}

You're so poor you can't even afford a $15 bet, rofl. Thanks to Poirier I got $45 more than you have today.

Sad cause your hero got smashed out in 1.5 rounds?

Thought so.

D67D97F8-68D0-41ED-ACE3-19E0B7A5038D.jpeg

He did of course but then he gassed.

I mean, those leg kicks were hurting him but the dude has serious stamina issues.

Did he gas? He wasn’t breathing hard at the end of the round. He still had a pop on his punches until the leg kicks added up and compromised him.

Really? I thought he looked like shit for his standards.

Flatfooted, plodding, stationary, heavy movement, winging punches, weird low boxing stance, bad timing, bad counters, almost no fighting on the backfoot, riggid and stiff, zero patience, looked like he was overthinking and overwhelmed and had trouble maintaining focus.

Prime Conor was the karate/boxing hybride that bounced around the cage and excelled at timing and range while he looked extremely relaxed and focussed and capitalized on the smallest openings.
Last night was the Conor who post Mayweather fight, for some reason fell in love with this plodding style. It kinda reminds me of GSP’s change in style post knee surgeries. He also went from this active lightfooted style to the same heavy footed plodding style.

I think the first round could have gone either way. It's not that he looked bad, but compared to expectations of his fans, he did

It's his muscles more so than his lungs. What I saw was his shots getting sloppier and having less pop on them. His movement just started looking heavy. He was trying to hide it though. I've been there before myself.

I agree that the leg kicks were a factor too though.

He got Dustin with a pretty good left in the second round. His cardio drains after the 2nd more than usual

Really? I thought he looked like shit for his standards.

Flatfooted, plodding, stationary, heavy movement, winging punches, weird low boxing stance, bad timing, bad counters, almost no fighting on the backfoot, riggid and stiff, zero patience, looked like he was overthinking and overwhelmed and had trouble maintaining focus.

Prime Conor was the karate/boxing hybride that bounced around the cage and excelled at timing and range while he looked extremely relaxed and focussed and capitalized on the smallest openings.
Last night was the Conor who post Mayweather fight, for some reason fell in love with this plodding style. It kinda reminds me of GSP’s change in style post knee surgeries. He also went from this active lightfooted style to the same heavy footed plodding style.

I don't know where this " he was good until he lost " myth comes from in that one but imo, this was his worst UFC performance, can't think of a worst one and I've seen them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back