Is it just me, or are a lot of instructionals

HotViolence

White Belt
Reaction score
Shot in the exact same place?
is it the same place? or is it just a generic gym layout all in different places?
examples like Ryan Hall's, Robson Moura's, Demian Maia's

Alot of videos are shot by the same production company so yes the back drops are similar or the same. I believe all three guys you mentioned had their dvds made by World Martial Arts.

ahh thank you very much, i got all the copies burned on dvd by my cousin since he didnt want to lend his precious instructionals out to me. I just watched the three and couldn't stop thinking about the backdrop haha

I like the ones Ryan Hall did for Lloyd Irvin where the backdrop looks like some kind of Chinese Buddhist temple superimposed on a green screen, lol.

I like the ones Ryan Hall did for Lloyd Irvin where the backdrop looks like some kind of Chinese Buddhist temple superimposed on a green screen, lol.

I remember seeing that.

ahh thank you very much, i got all the copies burned on dvd by my cousin since he didnt want to lend his precious instructionals out to me. I just watched the three and couldn't stop thinking about the backdrop haha

3 awesome instructors. I have both Hall dvds (his new ones anyways), both Maia dvds, and all three Robson dvds.

If you have maia's science of jj 1, check out volume 5 "attacking the back". Go to chapter 12 "standing back control". When he rolls his partner someone lets out a loud fart. Cracks me up every time I watch it. Yes, I'm very immature.

do you have a link or youtube clip you could show? Because seeing it would be sweet, if not thats okay, I can get enough satisfaction out of imagining him saying "I wanna use man muscles" and making the metal hands gesture in a green screened buddhist temple

do you have a link or youtube clip you could show? Because seeing it would be sweet, if not thats okay, I can get enough satisfaction out of imagining him saying "I wanna use man muscles" and making the metal hands gesture in a green screened buddhist temple

I think they were all on http://ryangleuniversity.com/ which is now defunct since Ryan broke up with Lloyd Irvin

Here's a thread about it
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/ryan-hall-ryangle-university-924347/

3 awesome instructors. I have both Hall dvds (his new ones anyways), both Maia dvds, and all three Robson dvds.

If you have maia's science of jj 1, check out volume 5 "attacking the back". Go to chapter 12 "standing back control". When he rolls his partner someone lets out a loud fart. Cracks me up every time I watch it. Yes, I'm very immature.

definitely going to watch that in 3 minutes (break in psych class)
i need to learn how to attack the back much better, I'm working on arm drags and quite often get to the back, but once i get there i pretty well freeze up unless i can work a bow and arrow

and thank you redaxe, ryangleuniversity is such a sweet name, i wish i could make my name jiu jitsu related, carson doesn't work too well with anything i've come across yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back